Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was running stock with root...flashed to 2.3.4, Baseband Version T959VUVKH2, with Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-T959VUVKH2-CL477075...Since I flashed, everything works fine except that when I get text messages I get them twice along with double notifications [both in rapid succession]. I'm running the stock SMS program with a widget called SMS Unread Count. I have disabled the Auto-Retrieve feature under MMS in the SMS settings, but it's still driving me crazy. Please help before it makes my head explode! Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
"smije said:
So I was running stock with root...flashed to 2.3.4, Baseband Version T959VUVKH2, with Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-T959VUVKH2-CL477075...Since I flashed, everything works fine except that when I get text messages I get them twice along with double notifications [both in rapid succession]. I'm running the stock SMS program with a widget called SMS Unread Count. I have disabled the Auto-Retrieve feature under MMS in the SMS settings, but it's still driving me crazy. Please help before it makes my head explode! Thanks!
Hi, not sure if SMS Unread count has it own notification but if it does that would cause the double notification with the stock SMS.

Disable the notification in the stock SMS if SMS unread has its own.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CMHJr said:
Hi, not sure if SMS Unread count has it own notification but if it does that would cause the double notification with the stock SMS.

Disable the notification in the stock SMS if SMS unread has its own.
Unread doesn't have it's own. All it does is tell me how many unread texts I have. It really has no settings of it's own. I'm gonna try and uninstall it and see if that corrects the issue. I'll let you know...

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smije said:
While I'm thinking about it...Big thanks to Krylon360 and Drhonk, without them I wouldn't have this awesome upgrade. Thanks guys!

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never mind...I just installed Handcent sms and disabled the default sms...worked like a dream! I'm only getting text messages and notifications once each like I'm supposed to. No idea what caused it in the first place...[scratches head]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts