All talk for this mod will now carry on to the link provided to keep things more organized. Thanx brav1111 for taking over the subject i would of loved to carry on and help people but unable too since I have a full time job and girlfriend by night.
U guys can thank mrx8836350 & noname81 over on xda for the brilliant idea. I was just simply bringing this over to rootzwiki since many of us have only had wet dreams about this mod and I like to thank miketoasty for his input.
1. Install either Button Saviour (from Market) or LMT Launcher From XDA: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php
? t=1330150. 2. Make a Backup. 3. Install one of the below Zips using CWR:
These will wipe out any other mods you have applied to your framework-res.apk.
I won't take credit for figuring the MOD out, mrx88336350 over at XDA get's credit for posting what to change, I just modified the framework's and made a zip.
These have been tested by me and worked for me:
GummyNex 7.6 CDMA: http://www.mediafire...xabc2hi6x57baag
AOKP 23 CDMA (Should work on Liquid Beta 5): http://www.mediafire...406u0d85yeskwt7
Codename 1.3.3 CDMA: http://www.mediafire...z99i467ah3go8in
Codename 1.4.0 CDMA: http://www.mediafire...s3tf7pxbxbbbaqa
I can do this for other ROMs/THEMEs, but please provide a link to the ROM/THEME.
Res.apk for aoko23,stock 4.0.2,apex.1.0.2 found here. Note only aokp23 Res.apk has been tested and working on gnex lte. It appears that since this morning all the files provided are cwm zips all u have to do is pull the Res.apk from the zip and follow directions. Only aokp23 has been tested.
So I got the mod working on aokp 23 with the file provided in the link. Below are screen shots for your beautiful eyes. lol
1) download button saviour from the market and configure it to your liking. Or use Lmt launcher app from this site witch works better with no lag. Thanx miketoasty
Lmt launcher v8
2) download the aokp23 zip and pull the Res.apk file out provided by the genius who created it.
3) go into root explorer and navigate to system/framework and copy the Res file located there and paste it somewhere safe.
4) rename the file pulled from zip to match the original one witch should be framework-Res.apk
5) replace that file with the one found in system/framework and it should reboot but to be safe just pull battery and start.
Hint mess around with button saviour or lmt launcher before anything to get the feeling of it
Edit: this mod will get rid of certain mods installed. So far I noticed my blue lock screen is gone.
Notice: it seems that button saviour does create some minor lag and lmt has zero lag. Lmt launcher v8 is out I suggest u use this app since it has the ability to use pie chart from our browser. Also it seems the majority has got this working on aoko23
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk