1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
144 Posts
1st one is for the Wi-fi only version of nexus 7 2012 (codenamed Grouper).

2nd one is for the mobile data 3G version of nexus 7 2012 (codenamed Tilapia).

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's great that someone is hosting this great kernel, but is the grouper kernel above the 'mobile' version and not the 'FI' version.
Under USB Host settings it shows FI mode as disabled, unless someone knows how to enable it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's great that someone is hosting this great kernel, but is the grouper kernel above the 'mobile' version and not the 'FI' version.
Under USB Host settings it shows FI mode as disabled, unless someone knows how to enable it..
Hello,

I had the same problem. I have found out, that I used wrong Kernel. There are two types of Kernel: For mobile use and for fixed instalation.
FI mode works only in 2nd one.
https://mehrvarz.github.io/usb-host-mode-power-management-nexus7/
I used this one:
timur-usbhost-2013-01-29-cm10.1-fi.zip
after that I installed
cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello, does it make a difference if i use e.g. android 4.4.x or android 5.x.x., pleas help, i'm afraid to crash my tablet by doind sth. wron! thaks a lot;)
You don't get to chose the version of O.S. Timur's rom for Nexus 7 (2012) is a full fledged rom and is cyanogenmod 10.1 based, meaning its O.S. is JB 4.2. Don't try to install other O.S. along with it, it'll never work and, yes it can brick your N7!

Hello,

I had the same problem. I have found out, that I used wrong Kernel. There are two types of Kernel: For mobile use and for fixed instalation.
FI mode works only in 2nd one.
https://mehrvarz.github.io/usb-host-mode-power-management-nexus7/
I used this one:
timur-usbhost-2013-01-29-cm10.1-fi.zip
after that I installed
cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip
Read above, like I said - a rom, not a kernel. The kernel files for 2012 N7 are no longer available, since Sep 2014, only the full rom files are still being hosted! Don't mix up things, please. You can do pretty much the same with a mobile kernel or full rom, if you disable FI mode in the "USB Host" settings. The files available are for the Grouper and Tilapia versions of N7 (2012), respectively, being the only difference between them, the drivers for 3G mobile data connectivity, which are loaded in the Tilapia and not in the grouper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
so assuming that the N7 is unlocked and rooted and ready to go, what gets installed as an OS from TWRP? I ask because "cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip" does not like to be installed like this.

If I do have to install "timur-usbhost-2013-01-29-cm10.1-fi.zip" first. If this is the "ROM" does anyone know where I can get this file?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Make sure you haven't flashed the wrong firmware/bootloader version for your device (ex: tilapia on grouper N7 and vice versa).

If you got a grouper (wifi only) N7 then "cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip" is the correct file for flashing. You just need to root your N7 and, Factory reset it from TWRP if you don't have the official CyanogenMod 10.1 already installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a recommended gapps available to go with this rom?

I have tried the rom and it works ok but would like to add a couple of programs from the Play Store which is not included with the rom.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.