Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
The ota update (4.5.601) was packaged in a update.zip that is flashable via stock recovery (stock froyo recovery) will be useful if/when they push out a update that patches current gingerbread root method.

In other words, one could sbf to froyo, flash it in stock recovery and be on stock 4.5.601 easily. If anyone wants the zip just post so and I'll mirror it

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
garlick said:
Motorola has stopped the leak that was where we were getting the .sbf files.

So there probably won't be anymore .sbf files, and considering the OTA GB updates stopped happening a while ago, and I don't believe have continued, I wouldn't expect an .sbf of gingerbread to ever get released.

Which means you'll always have to .sbf back to .330 and then update from there. Kind of pain, but it works at least.
Your trippin

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
No, I would not flash it in a attempt to get to working state. It most likely won't install anyway. However, I'm in a similar position as you... don't want to bork phone at wrong time because it's time consuming to fix it. What I do is I got this app called boot manager. It lets you install/run roms to your sdcard. it takes a little while to setup and not free but in my opinion, well worth it. In fact, its saved me several times from needing to sbf. ChevyNo1 recently put out a beta rom that isn't booting (he don't have a d2 so he is doing the best he can) where other people are sbf'ing due to not being able to get past the M screen, I simply did a battery pull which caused clockwork to auto load when I started the phone again where I was able to flash the zip that tells my phone to boot up the internal OS rather than one of the ones on my sdcard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts