Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Average Android
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I logged into my Motorola account to update my info. Had to remove X2 and add D3. While there I found a thread started 4 days ago asking for sign up's for the Network feedback group with Motorola. for those that don't know they are typically the soak testing group.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54198?tstart=30

My thought is that if they are going to push out a soak test update (hopefully to unlock boot loader) then that will give dev's something to start working on.

Just thought I would share.

·
Themer
282 Posts
Waiting for the registration email so I can sign up for this. Pushing out an update to unlock the bootloader would be a smart move for moto and would probably bring a lot of people back.

~Transmitted via D3 using RootzWiki Donate~

·
Average Android
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking the boot loader might be it. I don't imagine they are ready for Ice Cream Sandwich being that they aren't even done rolling out or fixing Gingerbread.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
personally I think it will be just an update to fix what ever issues there might be. Unlocking the bootloader would seem a bit premature to me as I don't think Verizon is going to allow it to begin with. I could be wrong. If I were to predict a bootloader unlock I would say it would be closer to the end of the year. Some time between October thru December if they do it at all. I pray that I am wrong though...I signed up regardless as i hope receiving an update will be an opportunity for the devs to get root some how.

·
Android Apprentice
154 Posts
i work at verizon and have seen the "known device issues" page in the device forums. next to most the known issues says "will be fixed on an ota update soon". the next update will just be a bug fixer. I'll post the known issues monday when i work again so you know what will all be fixed.

·
Average Android
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Art least that will give us something to try and obtain root with

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts