Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
9 Posts
I'm curious if anyone that has purchased a Droid 3 has any complaints about the screen? I've seen several gripes about the pentile grid on a handful of reviews, but from my experience (got mine yesterday), there's absolutely no problem with it at all, and even think it looks a bit better than my D1 and D2g screens did.

TL;DR The Screen is nowhere NEAR as bad as anyone is making it out to be
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
30 Posts
You only notice it with particular images and colors.

Im curious about the technology tho. I wonder if moto specifically chose partivular pngs and some text strings to look slightly pixelated....for whatever reason. Battery savings, ability to see in direct sunlight, etc. I say this because, anything green from the launcher will show signs of pixelization upon close examination. But, I can load up a video game with plenty of similar colors and see no problems at all.

In any case, the screen is very crisp and clean in 98% of the cases. The other 2% is what everyone is blowing out of proportion. Its not a big deal and don't notice it at all anymore. I was very concerned at first, but got over that real quick. The pros of the screen far outweigh the cons. And, honestly, I don't like the level of saturation on samsung or htc phones. The screen look beautiful, don't get me wrong. Its just too much color. A little over the top for my taste.

Sent from my DROID3 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
192 Posts
Our is confirmed that the bionic is pentile as well

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top