Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What many have been waiting on, The Droid 3 system dump!
======================
SYSTEM DUMP

The /media directory if you only want the bootanimation/ringtones/notifications
======================
MEDIA DUMP

the pulled wallpapers from the home app
======================
WALLPAPERS

deodexed version coming soon!

·
Themer
282 Posts
You do not flash these files. They are just ripped from the phone so you can take anything you might want.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Themer
282 Posts
Anyone have any luck installing any of the new Blur apps? Would like to see if there's anything different to them other then the new icons.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, got my D3 Friday, and its a really slick device, I'm very impressed with the stock 2.3.4 with the new version of Blur, only complaint so far is all the bloat..

AndroidSims said:
Sweet, thanks for this. Did you get your D3 already? If so, how do you like it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Themer
282 Posts
I'm going to pick one up on the 17th. Hopeful that the community will come through. It's a beautiful phone.

How's the keyboard? Are the keys harder then the ones on the OG? My OG keyboard warped.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
keyboard is amazing, beats the OG keyboard by miles, The keyboard isn't set up the same as the D1 so I don't think you will have any warping issues on the D3

AndroidSims said:
I'm going to pick one up on the 17th. Hopeful that the community will come through. It's a beautiful phone.

How's the keyboard? Are the keys harder then the ones on the OG? My OG keyboard warped.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts

·
Themer
282 Posts
androidphan88 said:
so if you where able to get a system dump, does that mean you also have root access?
You can dump /system with adb. You don't need root to do this because you're not changing any files, simply copying them.

·
Average Android
151 Posts
sparkyman said:
Not sure if I get this so if you have a droid3 what do you do with this
Sparkyman this is basically a dumb of all files in /system of the droid 3 basically where the rom is.
This is for developers and themers. Themers can use it to figure out where to extract the different image files to to change what something looks like, devolopers can use it to modify the files to there liking. Someone please correct me if i am wrong but i believe this is what it is used for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts