Android OS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time will tell, but this may be the first device I don't root. I bought this and am still in my 14-day give it back period, but I'm not sure that I want to. I really like the design and for the price, well, I just don't see an alternative. I don't have the money for a SIII or the patience to wait for the RAZR Maxx HD (because my phone kicked the bucket). I hope this one doesn't get overlooked, but if it happens it happens. I only used root to get rid of bloat and try the occasional rom, so I probably won't miss it too much. I think stock ICS is sexy enough as it is (compared to my GB on Droid 2). If anyone does come up with a method, however unlikely, I hope they will do it on XDA or RW.

Beware of fake root methods out there right now. Last night I found this site: http://androidadvices.com/root-motorola-razr-4g-lte-firmware-tutorial/ which didn't work but I gave it a shot anyway. Didn't affect my phone in anyway, the bat stopped at Daemon running. But I imagine people that want to drive up some population to their sites will likely continue to offer false promises.

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.