Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I much more prefer the camera app from Motorola allowing widescreen photo and what not. Is it possible/feasible to run CM4DX and install the Droid X native camera app?

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Dumb Jarhead
155 Posts
It's been discussed pretty thoroughly. Make sure you use the search feature. We can't use the blur camera because it relies on a blur framework, which CM7 has none of. CVPS is aware of the issue and has to build the app from the ground up for it to work on widescreen.

G

·
The Blur camera actually functions on CM7, but it's buggy. Some people have experienced FCs after taking pictures and such. Others have stated that it FCs if you try to access the gallery from within the app since it points to the Blur gallery and not the AOSP one. Even with FCs after taking a picture, it can still be used. There will be annoyances though since the blur framework isn't there, but it is usable.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
the other thing is, that we can only record at 420p using the CM4DX camera currently. because the fixes that made it work for now we not built from source. the files used were from the d2

·
Android Lover
439 Posts
Here's what the widescreen mode on the Dx blur camera does:

It's a digtial crop of the full 8mp, nothing more, nothing less

·
433 Posts
The miui camera works pretty good for CM4DX. It doesn't work in widescreen mode, but does in 8mp & what not.

G

·
Jordan8 said:
The miui camera works pretty good for CM4DX. It doesn't work in widescreen mode, but does in 8mp & what not.
Yeah, the MIUI camera definitely seems better than the AOSP one. It's not as forgiving as the Blur one in poor lighting environments, but it's definitely an improvement. The odd thing about the MIUI camera is the widescreen mode works on APEX and Liberty lol. I think the widescreen setting must be something that is enabled by pieces of the Blur framework since both APEX and AOSP Liberty have some of the framework left to allow the installation of certain Blur elements. I use the Blur camera and gallery with Liberty, but I installed the MIUI camera just to test it out.

·
News Team
208 Posts
swiftmazda said:
Yeah, the MIUI camera definitely seems better than the AOSP one. It's not as forgiving as the Blur one in poor lighting environments, but it's definitely an improvement. The odd thing about the MIUI camera is the widescreen mode works on APEX and Liberty lol. I think the widescreen setting must be something that is enabled by pieces of the Blur framework since both APEX and AOSP Liberty have some of the framework left to allow the installation of certain Blur elements. I use the Blur camera and gallery with Liberty, but I installed the MIUI camera just to test it out.
The weird thing is, widescreen mode works on Camera 360. So who knows. I still mostly use the MIUI cam though. Just a heads up if you care! :) 360 takes some nice pics, but it doesn't have the thumbnail view of the Gallery and I like having that on the fly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I installed the MIUI camera and I cant seem to get it to work. It doesnt show anything in the preview screen. It will show items in my gallery. In installed via apk and also tried putting it in the system apps folder. Neither have fixed the problem. What am I doing wrong?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"Feyerman said:
I installed the MIUI camera and I cant seem to get it to work. It doesnt show anything in the preview screen. It will show items in my gallery. In installed via apk and also tried putting it in the system apps folder. Neither have fixed the problem. What am I doing wrong?
You have to change the resolution 1 increment. Its in the miui camera settings

·
Omg Lazerz!!!!!1
811 Posts
I wish google, whoever would realize that there are awesome cameras out there on phones, not sure what the nx had, and spend some time with the camera app

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
psycho_maniac said:
I wish google, whoever would realize that there are awesome cameras out there on phones, not sure what the nx had, and spend some time with the camera app
yea, totally agree. aosp cam is kinda lame

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.