Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought it was cool how the Droid X forum always has high numbers of viewers than the other Droid series has...I actually still think the Droid X² is going to catch on and become a beast.

I'm also very interested in seeing what becomes of the Droid 3 and the Bionic. Hopefully the Bionic will have an unlocked bootloader. I have read that the D3 is indeed locked...

·
Average Android
106 Posts
I wonder what will dethrone the mighty X...
So far not the X²...
Not the Charge...
Not the Incredible or Incredible 2...
Definitely not the Droid 2...

The Droid lineup is looking bad I think. Just my opinion.

Lets not mention the Photon or whatever, it just looks ugly!

·
Supporting Member
26 Posts
I think the DX is a great phone that has been hampered by bad stock firmware (although the .596 made it feel like Moto crammed an extra core in the 'proc)... and there's a lot of people out there that feel the same way as evidenced by the number of viewers here and at other sites that have been resources for DX owners... plus the fact that this has sort of been the home of CM4DX so that might also be drawing people in.

I think there's going to be a lot of traffic in this forum for some time to come... and I agree, the DROID franchise is looking a bit weak these days even with D3 dropping soon. If a BL unlock comes along for it, there might be an uptick but for now, it seems as though it may be the Ted McGinley handset for the family.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I feel like Motorola needs to drop their ui or unlock the devices or something. A lot of people could careless for the motoblur ui and others like sense and touchwiz... the ultimate phone will never be made I guess. With dual-core technology already out and quad-core around the corner, it's sad that our beloved dx is now considered mid-range.

·
Android Lover
127 Posts
I have to say, IMO both incredibles out perform the X. I got an inc after my X and i now own both, and both are on CM. I see sooooo much better battery life and performance on the inc than the X (partially custom kernel but that doesnt do much because i dont overclock). Also, stock inc2's are SOOOO smooth. Its better than the bolt i feel

·
Nexus Member
154 Posts
IRONMatt said:
I have to say, IMO both incredibles out perform the X. I got an inc after my X and i now own both, and both are on CM. I see sooooo much better battery life and performance on the inc than the X (partially custom kernel but that doesnt do much because i dont overclock). Also, stock inc2's are SOOOO smooth. Its better than the bolt i feel
I have a DX running CM7 and my coworker has a DInc running it as well. In comparing those two phones I think it is personal taste (especially in terms of form factor) that is the largest determining factor. I can't tell much of a difference to be honest in terms of performance.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most all things do really come down to personal taste lol...vzw customers aren't left with many options for a "great" phone...it's sad. Look at their Galaxy S phone, the Fascinate, still on 2.1 out of box. What's up with that?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
soulsiphoner said:
Most all things do really come down to personal taste lol...vzw customers aren't left with many options for a "great" phone...it's sad. Look at their Galaxy S phone, the Fascinate, still on 2.1 out of box. What's up with that?
the fascinate has come with 2.2 for a few months now. there are also 2.3 gingerbread leaks out there.

·
433 Posts
Will the Droid 3 be able to use 2nd-init? I haven't read much about it, but I assume it shipped with Gingerbread? So since it doesn't have a froyo kernel to go back to... will it work?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
soulsiphoner said:
......vzw customers aren't left with many options for a "great" phone...it's sad.....
This. I'm really curious as to why Verizon's top tier devices are the other big 3's mid. Instead of a dual core G2x variant they got a single core Revolution. Instead of dual core Evo3D/Sensation variant they got single core TB/Incredible2. The only top tier devices I see are Moto's D3 & Bionic which I have no interest in if encrypted. Really dissatisfied with the selection.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
poontab said:
This. I'm really curious as to why Verizon's top tier devices are the other big 3's mid. Instead of a dual core G2x variant they got a single core Revolution. Instead of dual core Evo3D/Sensation variant they got single core TB/Incredible2. The only top tier devices I see are Moto's D3 & Bionic which I have no interest in if encrypted. Really dissatisfied with the selection.
Yeah, Verizon really screws us over sometimes. But it sucks because they have the fastest speeds and lots of coverage so we can't leave them! Also my brother works for VZW so he'd be upset if I left haha

·
Flashaholic
348 Posts
The X surely has come back alive thanks to 2nd-init. It has given Devs the ability to bring the roms that most of us started with onto the DX. Now we need Bugless!!! :) I wish more people would give the Android Devices a try. A college try. Once I learned the basics, I will never go with anything else. Big Red needs to take the Iphone and throw it back to ATT and stick with the droid devices. And I agree....the Nexus devices need to come to Verizon!!!

·
Average Android
87 Posts
i just wish nexus devices quit going to GSM carriers and start branching off to CDMA, of course the supposidly released Nexus 3 will have ICS and RUMOR has it that the new nexus device will launch on all carriers, hopefully that rumor will come to light and be true.

I prefer the DX over any other Android device only because it was i believe (i may be wrong) the first to have the 4.3 inch screen, and its just very very sturdy, i like the evo lines but the evo 3d after playing with it for quite some time, the 3d effects just gave me a headache, that and i have never been a fan of HTC devices anyway.

it would be nice to see the DX unlocked, or the next Nexus device launched on either all carriers or VZW

·
O_o
1,395 Posts
BrentBlend said:
Psh, leapfrog has better technology then Motorola. Silly fanboi's
I'd love some CM7 or MIUI on the leapfrog I use for work.
bretth18 said:
verizon needs a nexus device, im sure it would bring in lots of people. But, its got to have a super AMOLED so i can have maximum nyan cat viewing pleasure:money:
I agree with the above statement in all aspects.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts