Android OS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
I wouldnt go to the charge from the bolt. With the new mr2 radio, running bamf p4 and imo's test kernel I am getting amazing battery life right now. Went about 14 hours with moderate usage last night, that included watching netflix and tons of txts and phone calls. It just takes a little tweaking to get it set right

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Keep the bolt, in the long run being locked into the 4G unlimited plan for $30 a month will save you much more than you will save taking it back and saving your upgrades for other phones or getting a non-4g phone at this point.

·
Car Lover
182 Posts
On eaton rom with about 4/6ths of my normal usage. You can't say battery life is better on the charge anymore
With what I normally do, which is a lot since I'm posting on forums and making calls all day, I get about 14 - 16 hours on one battery. That and you definitely want to keep the unlimited 4g plan while you can.

·
Android Lover
192 Posts
drmanhattn57 said:
Need advice. I Upgraded to my tbolt for 149$ and received a free ext. battery. I Love the developer support and unlocked bootloader behind the tbolt, but evan with rom/kernel work the battery life and build quality has left me wishing i had stuck with the dx for a bit longer.
Here are my options, I could return it back to verizon and sell my ext batt. to cover the restocking fee and hold my upgrade untill something worthwhile is released.

Option 2. I could sell my tbolt, case, and ext. batt as a bundle and use my upgrade from my 2nd line when something worthwhile is released.

Thoughts?
I'd swap a dx2 for a bolt

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well After weeks of use and great development work from team omfg, drod, and slayer with cm7 i love my tbolt. battery life is greatly improved. I sold my free extended battery pack and bought a little credit card sized juice pack that can juice me up with 6 more hours of life in a jam. Data while being on a voice call is nice as well. The front facing camera is awesome with the leaked version of skype, what can i say i have had a total change of heart

21 - 26 of 26 Posts