Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Almost too good to be true, hah. From the reviews, it seems like people have been having good luck with them though. One of the reviews did state that they may be returns or something and not new, but that same reviewer also said the battery is working fine. For that cheap, I could care less if they're new or not lol. I may pick one up to use as a backup.

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
Scooped one. Total impulse buy, since I just got an extra battery with the replacement from Asurion. Not stressing it, since it's so cheap. Worst case, I will chuck it at an old man, for kicks.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SpinningHook said:
Scooped one. Total impulse buy, since I just got an extra battery with the replacement from Asurion. Not stressing it, since it's so cheap. Worst case, I will chuck it at an old man, for kicks.
LAWL. ROFL :gasp:

·
Average Android
151 Posts
I ordered 2 the other day and got them today. I don't get the impression that they are brand new, but both appear in nearly perfect condition. Definitely official OEM batteries though, solid deal!

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I bought one of these, the title should really say, "Like New" or "blemished" as mine was obviously not "new". A little bit of the paper covering the battery was torn and had an inspectors sticker on it. The battery works like a new battery though so who cares if it's blemished! Been using it for about a week without any problems.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

·
Genius
196 Posts
"nursereese said:
I bought one of these, the title should really say, "Like New" or "blemished" as mine was obviously not "new". A little bit of the paper covering the battery was torn and had an inspectors sticker on it. The battery works like a new battery though so who cares if it's blemished! Been using it for about a week without any problems.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.
I enjoyed your signature

G

·
They also have a ton of other cheap products there. I'm contemplating getting the OEM Motorola Car Dock and Vehicle Charger for $24.99 from them. That's a considerable bit cheaper than buying it from Verizon. They also have the Droid X Essentials Kit for $54.99.

·
433 Posts
SpinningHook said:
I literally lol'd.

I'm gonna order one now, need to find me a charger to go with it though ;D

G

·
Jordan8 said:
I literally lol'd.

I'm gonna order one now, need to find me a charger to go with it though ;D
Vehicle charger? http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Vehi...harger/dp/B000S5Q9CA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I didn't purchase the vehicle charger from that seller though since a couple of the reviews made me wary. A reviewer's video says it all regarding it being a knockoff instead of the OEM charger. With that said, most of its reviews are positive.

To be on the safe side, I just purchased this one at Wal-Mart since it was only $10.00. I've never purchased a product from Wal-Mart that claims it's OEM while being a knockoff. ;) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Motorola-...0000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=15173221

Since I like Wal-Mart's return policy better, I went with the Wal-Mart one. $10.00 for an OEM vehicle charger isn't bad at all. I just wanted to provide both options in case you wanted to risk it with the Amazon seller and go that route. :p

The vehicle charger says it's from and sold by Amazon, but some people have noticed other stickers inside the packaging (or lack of stickers). Personally, this is why I'm skeptical about buying from Amazon. Sometimes, you really can't tell where it came from lol. The price just seems too good to be true.

·
433 Posts
swiftmazda said:
Vehicle charger? http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Vehi...harger/dp/B000S5Q9CA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I didn't purchase the vehicle charger from that seller though since a couple of the reviews made me wary. A reviewer's video says it all regarding it being a knockoff instead of the OEM charger. With that said, most of its reviews are positive.

To be on the safe side, I just purchased this one at Wal-Mart since it was only $10.00. I've never purchased a product from Wal-Mart that claims it's OEM while being a knockoff. ;) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Motorola-...0000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=15173221

Since I like Wal-Mart's return policy better, I went with the Wal-Mart one. $10.00 for an OEM vehicle charger isn't bad at all. I just wanted to provide both options in case you wanted to risk it with the Amazon seller and go that route. :p After all, it's the same people that are selling the batteries.
http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Charger-Motorola-Droid-Mb810/dp/B004CQ0IX2/ref=lh_ni_t I was thinking something more like this. So I can charge the spare battery, without having to have it in my phone.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
I bought this battery charger http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Charger-Motorola-Droid-Mb810/dp/B004CQ0IX2/ref=lh_ni_t and also ordered one of those $5 batteries. Charger works greats, the charging/charged light acts like a nightlight lol and it takes a bit long to charge compared to usb charging but thats not a bad thing, just a nuisance thing if anything. Charging the new spare battery overnight. Will post impressions soon.

·
Supporting Member
54 Posts
Thanks for the awesome heads-up!!! Just ordered the spare bat and charger. Will definitely post results in a week or so. Again, good lookin out!

rooted and rom'in thanks to rootzwiki!

·
Supporting Member
99 Posts
I bought 2 of these batteries and the external charger for $17 on Ebay. They work perfectly. For that small amount of money, I have 3 batteries with me all the time. I also picked up the Droid X essentials kit for $20 when it was on sale from Verizon.

·
433 Posts
"loooney2ns said:
I bought 2 of these batteries and the external charger for $17 on Ebay. They work perfectly. For that small amount of money, I have 3 batteries with me all the time. I also picked up the Droid X essentials kit for $20 when it was on sale from Verizon.
Why did you have to bring that $20 deal up lol. I got so mad when I found out about it just a couple hours after it ended. I ended up buying them seperate for about $50 :/

1 - 20 of 32 Posts