Android OS Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
I just took the OTA update and decided to check root by opening Titanium and BAM, all was good. No need to re-root! Anyone else have this happen?

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
"PappaFloyd said:
I just took the OTA update and decided to check root by opening Titanium and BAM, all was good. No need to re-root! Anyone else have this happen?
I tried to un-root first and it failed at step 3 for some reason, so I just went for the update and was gonna re-root after.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"PappaFloyd said:
Does ur settings-about screen show that u have .605 installed? Maybe the install never happened or it aborted and you just THINK that u have .605. Lol

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
"razorloves said:
Does ur settings-about screen show that u have .605 installed? Maybe the install never happened or it aborted and you just THINK that u have .605. Lol
Hah no I checked, that's what I thought at first also. Odd huh?

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
I can't find ShootMe in the Market, I've been using drocap2 and don't like it as much. Also Titanium and AdFree both work.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
Shoot me got removed for some reason, the apk is still floating around.

·
Average Android
151 Posts
I flashed .605 and restored my CM7 backup and am having no issues at all. The .605 kernel probably doesn't differ too much from the .602 kernel.

·
Android Meddler
518 Posts
I'm betting that all the people experiencing issues with this new update are the one's applying the full 113mb update file to a phone already running 4.5.602 as this is not the correct upgrade path. To upgrade from 4.5.602 you should ONLY be applying the smallest version of the OTA (I hear 8mb, didn't check mine). If you have root and want it back just install the OTA, let it boot, then reboot which should automatically bring up ClockworkMod Recovery, and install the latest superuser zip from your SD card. Sounds like applying the full 113mb update file to a system already running 4.5.602 is breaking / messing up stuff. If you have already done this and your phone is not working correctly I would suggest SBF back to 602, restore your latest .602 backup and take the OTA to .605 with the method I have already described.

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
"ky41083 said:
I'm betting that all the people experiencing issues with this new update are the one's applying the full 113mb update file to a phone already running 4.5.602 as this is not the correct upgrade path. To upgrade from 4.5.602 you should ONLY be applying the smallest version of the OTA (I hear 8mb, didn't check mine). If you have root and want it back just install the OTA, let it boot, then reboot which should automatically bring up ClockworkMod Recovery, and install the latest superuser zip from your SD card. Sounds like applying the full 113mb update file to a system already running 4.5.602 is breaking / messing up stuff. If you have already done this and your phone is not working correctly I would suggest SBF back to 602, restore your latest .602 backup and take the OTA to .605 with the method I have already described.
I think its a total freak thing, but I did the update (8mb) and just for shits and giggles once re-booted opened Titanium and I still had root, and checked to verify I was on .605. I hope somebody else can try this after taking the OTA, I can't be the only one right? Also my keyboard issue has been fixed but it also seems my battery has improved, after the .602 my battery life went to crap.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
I took the ota update this morning and lost root. Used pete's to get root back np. I think the keyboard issue was only a problem when you have it vibrate on pressed keys.mine would lag really bad when typing with vibration on.turn it off and it was fine. But now with the 605 im having no issues at all and my battery seems to be lasting longer. 602 seemed to drain barrett really quick with little use. Just my 2¢…

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
"Grizzedout said:
I took the ota update this morning and lost root. Used pete's to get root back np. I think the keyboard issue was only a problem when you have it vibrate on pressed keys.mine would lag really bad when typing with vibration on.turn it off and it was fine. But now with the 605 im having no issues at all and my battery seems to be lasting longer. 602 seemed to drain barrett really quick with little use. Just my 2¢…
I never used the vibrate on the keyboard, mine issue seemed to be when I either type really fast or hit the space bar immediately after any other press. An alternate keyboard did fine, anything but the stock. My battery on .605 does seem to be better I can confirm that.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.