Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my phone started to act like the volume down was stuck and it would just vibrate constantly. After a few battery pulls I was able to get it to stop doing that. This morning the phone froze so I did a battery pull. Now all it does when I power it on is go to a screen with the android guy on it and a triangle above him with a ! mark in it. I can get into bootloader, but can't seem to run a root or unroot. I've never had the phone rooted and just recently did a wipe 2 weeks ago cause it was acting up. Is there any hope to fix this paperweight?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
greenspeed said:
Yesterday my phone started to act like the volume down was stuck and it would just vibrate constantly. After a few battery pulls I was able to get it to stop doing that. This morning the phone froze so I did a battery pull. Now all it does when I power it on is go to a screen with the android guy on it and a triangle above him with a ! mark in it. I can get into bootloader, but can't seem to run a root or unroot. I've never had the phone rooted and just recently did a wipe 2 weeks ago cause it was acting up. Is there any hope to fix this paperweight?
I see it's your first post...Welcome to RootzWiki

the android guy and triangle is the stock recovery mode. just press the search key or both volume buttons and it will bring up the menu. From there you can do a factory reset or just reboot.

as far as your phone acting wacky, i would do a factory reset to see if that fixes it. If not, then do an sbf (instructions here)

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
razorloves said:
I see it's your first post...Welcome to RootzWiki

the android guy and triangle is the stock recovery mode. just press the search key or both volume buttons and it will bring up the menu. From there you can do a factory reset or just reboot.

as far as your phone acting wacky, i would do a factory reset to see if that fixes it. if not, then do an sbf
Thanks,

I tried doing that but the volume up and down wouldn't work all I could do was restart the phone. And now the phone wont even power on. she's pretty much fubar at this point, and sadly I can't get anywhere. Verizon won't warranty the phone cause apparently having some wear on my corners means I dropped it and abused the phone?

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
Sounds like the battery is dead. Find a way to charge it. Then when it boots back up to the android Guy, press the search button instead of the volume buttons (volume is for gingerbread). A menu should pop up, and from there you can select factory reset using the camera button. After all that and it still isn't working correctly, sbf.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just going to charge it and SBF, if it powers on, usually I get a 0% battery if the battery is dead

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phones been on a charger for over 3 hours and says battery too low to program. I can't get the damn thing to charge!!!

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BMc08GT said:
Are you charging from stock recovery? (Screen with triangle and android Guy)
That's all that shows up when I plug it in, damn paperweight wont boot into the OS or anything other than the stock recovery screen

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
You can not charge with the phone in the bootloader menu. And. If your phone is dead and can't boot, you will need to find another way to charge it.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
bobAbooey said:
You can not charge with the phone in the bootloader menu. And. If your phone is dead and can't boot, you will need to find another way to charge it.
I have actually charged with it in bootloader mode with the screen off with my car charger. was able to to sbf when i got home a couple hours later. might be worth a shot

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
Awesome, never heard anyone being able to do that without splicing a USB cable.

·
Average Android
149 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here but check to see if anything is causing your home button to stay stuck down as that is what you hold to get to the stock recovery. If it is then whatever you do DO NOT use duster in that area as it will mess up the mic. Good luck man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fox_Dye said:
Just a shot in the dark here but check to see if anything is causing your home button to stay stuck down as that is what you hold to get to the stock recovery. If it is then whatever you do DO NOT use duster in that area as it will mess up the mic. Good luck man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
there's still definition in the button, it feels like I can still click it. We'll a $30 trip to walmart for a wireless charger, and I'm pretty sure it is charging now. We'll see, without my phone I'm probably going to lose a good amount of work tomorrow unable to reach clients :/

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay another awesome thing. The wireless pad is saying the battery is charged, put it into bootloader and it says low battery still, and I still can't get the phone to turn on, and when it's plugged into the usb I get a solid green light!!!! ITS NEVER ENDING!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
"greenspeed said:
Okay another awesome thing. The wireless pad is saying the battery is charged, put it into bootloader and it says low battery still, and I still can't get the phone to turn on, and when it's plugged into the usb I get a solid green light!!!! ITS NEVER ENDING!
Try using AC charger that plugs into wall. Boot into bootloader and turn screen off and let it charge like that for a couple hours. It will be a slower charge but it will charge

1 - 20 of 27 Posts