Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my phone started to act like the volume down was stuck and it would just vibrate constantly. After a few battery pulls I was able to get it to stop doing that. This morning the phone froze so I did a battery pull. Now all it does when I power it on is go to a screen with the android guy on it and a triangle above him with a ! mark in it. I can get into bootloader, but can't seem to run a root or unroot. I've never had the phone rooted and just recently did a wipe 2 weeks ago cause it was acting up. Is there any hope to fix this paperweight?

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
razorloves said:
I see it's your first post...Welcome to RootzWiki

the android guy and triangle is the stock recovery mode. just press the search key or both volume buttons and it will bring up the menu. From there you can do a factory reset or just reboot.

as far as your phone acting wacky, i would do a factory reset to see if that fixes it. if not, then do an sbf
Thanks,

I tried doing that but the volume up and down wouldn't work all I could do was restart the phone. And now the phone wont even power on. she's pretty much fubar at this point, and sadly I can't get anywhere. Verizon won't warranty the phone cause apparently having some wear on my corners means I dropped it and abused the phone?

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fox_Dye said:
Just a shot in the dark here but check to see if anything is causing your home button to stay stuck down as that is what you hold to get to the stock recovery. If it is then whatever you do DO NOT use duster in that area as it will mess up the mic. Good luck man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
there's still definition in the button, it feels like I can still click it. We'll a $30 trip to walmart for a wireless charger, and I'm pretty sure it is charging now. We'll see, without my phone I'm probably going to lose a good amount of work tomorrow unable to reach clients :/

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay another awesome thing. The wireless pad is saying the battery is charged, put it into bootloader and it says low battery still, and I still can't get the phone to turn on, and when it's plugged into the usb I get a solid green light!!!! ITS NEVER ENDING!

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BMc08GT said:
Try using AC charger that plugs into wall. Boot into bootloader and turn screen off and let it charge like that for a couple hours. It will be a slower charge but it will charge
I finally got a little charge in the phone, only thing that would work is a DC charge in my car. I am not sure wtf is going on with it not charging, a wall charger didn't even work. It was so dead I couldn't even get it to charge

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I stopped at the verizon store cause during the SBF the battery died and the phone wouldn't let me charge it any more. Borrowed a battery got the SBF to run, now have gingerbread running on it, and the same thing. Goes right to the stock recovery, I can't get the menu to open now with the gingerbread (os firmware or whatever it is) and well I'm back to stage one. After talking with verizon guess I am good to go on an upgrade come 10/11 so I guess it's a prepaid from walmart for the next few days. I'm at a complete loss here, I wish I would have dropped it in a puddle or off a building so this crap would make sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.