Android OS Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Android Fanatic
1,662 Posts
Jumper cables to a car battery and you're good to go!! (just kidding. trying to lighten the mood here)

I used to have an external wall charger for my old BB Storm. One that only the battery would sit in. I would try something like that for what you need. Not sure if they make them for the X or not, but it's worth looking into as well as a spare battery. This way you always have 1 that is charged up.

Edit: Something like this is what I was talking about

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/705302/210683509/Battery-charger_5.html

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BMc08GT said:
Try using AC charger that plugs into wall. Boot into bootloader and turn screen off and let it charge like that for a couple hours. It will be a slower charge but it will charge
I finally got a little charge in the phone, only thing that would work is a DC charge in my car. I am not sure wtf is going on with it not charging, a wall charger didn't even work. It was so dead I couldn't even get it to charge

· Registered
4,225 Posts
"greenspeed said:
I finally got a little charge in the phone, only thing that would work is a DC charge in my car. I am not sure wtf is going on with it not charging, a wall charger didn't even work. It was so dead I couldn't even get it to charge
Ah shit that's right. I got it to charge with my car charger while in bootloader. Glad you got it working

· Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I stopped at the verizon store cause during the SBF the battery died and the phone wouldn't let me charge it any more. Borrowed a battery got the SBF to run, now have gingerbread running on it, and the same thing. Goes right to the stock recovery, I can't get the menu to open now with the gingerbread (os firmware or whatever it is) and well I'm back to stage one. After talking with verizon guess I am good to go on an upgrade come 10/11 so I guess it's a prepaid from walmart for the next few days. I'm at a complete loss here, I wish I would have dropped it in a puddle or off a building so this crap would make sense.

· Android Fanatic
1,662 Posts
Have you tried do a factory reset on it? When you get into stock recovery, can you do anything at all?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.