Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Themer
192 Posts
Well I know gingerbreak roots it. I haven't seen/heard/read anything about ROMs or clockwork. Im sure devs will be looking at porting to it. I don't see his much different it could be.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Droid-Xer said:
Well I know gingerbreak roots it. I haven't seen/heard/read anything about ROMs or clockwork. Im sure devs will be looking at porting to it. I don't see his much different it could be.
i've talked to many dev's lately... everyone is really against it... gingerbreak is old news... its nice to have su access (or sudo whatever it is, probably su) but its nothing with out the ability to back it up, or flash anything, i've talk to Koush (or i think it was Koush) and he said " There's only so many hours in the day
I'll get to it when I can, and if I get a device to borrow." To me it seems like the dev's are very laggy to this device, with its locked bootloader and all, all in all with out dev support this device seems like a half baked idea, its pointless, nice it has a dual core... it does nothing, some apps don't even work, all the dev's i've talked to have been adamantly dissing on it, and i can't blame them, why pick a double reinforced lock when theirs a nicer door to pick it the steps away... I know this might be redundent but, i wouldn't be expecting much rom love, unless motorola unlocks the bootloader and makes this thing a beast, instead of a slab or potentially good piece of hardware that might even be able to be overclocked to 1.7ghz... hope i didn't bore you

·
Themer
192 Posts
The x as well as the x2 are great phones. The x had alot of dev support but tthe locked bootloader turned alot of devs off. So I'm sure someone will pick it up soon.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i talked to all of the droid x dev's (except angdroid i haven't talked to him) and they're totally against it... so idk

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ericerk said:
i talked to all of the droid x dev's (except angdroid i haven't talked to him) and they're totally against it... so idk
Snap... Jrummy said he was if he got a device... so we still have a chance

·
Registered
982 Posts
psychotic_penguin said:
All I want is Gingerbread rooted and the ability to overclock that would be just fine.
Practically we are just b!tching and moaning... the xoom just go its first rom (look how long its been out)... we should some how be patient and wait a month while annoying the shit out of the dev's to make them, make roms, ya know...

·
Android Enthusiast
86 Posts
No developers are interested atm, P3's still on the TBolt/Charge test. He did say that TBH has plans to do something but it's gonna be a while, so we just need to hang tight.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
psychotic_penguin said:
No developers are interested atm, P3's still on the TBolt/Charge test. He did say that TBH has plans to do something but it's gonna be a while, so we just need to hang tight.
I seen a tweet saying they were looking for developers for the x2!

·
Bomb Squad
58 Posts
The only reason the X was so popular was because nobody had any idea how impossible it was to crack. When the X2 came around, everyone knew exactly what they were up against (unfortunately for X2 users).

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trongable said:
The only reason the X was so popular was because nobody had any idea how impossible it was to crack. When the X2 came around, everyone knew exactly what they were up against (unfortunately for X2 users).
While true some dev's only dev for the device because they bought it on contract... and money's tight... if some one gave it to them for free they'd do it but they're not pay $550 plus to dev on something with a locked bootloader obviously some one eventually will jump on board, but we'll just have to wait... some one will i promise remember the phone hasn't even been out a month... once we hit a month and still have no words we REBEL...

·
Themer
332 Posts
psychotic_penguin said:
With all the problems known with the dx1 why in anyones name would you try and Dev a dx2? Imho

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 78 Posts