Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Developer
260 Posts
GUMMY, The Remodel!!!

NOTE: "Me" (Hashcode) did not do ANY of the major work on this ROM. I only helped get Gummy on the Droid 4 by providing the device setup and patches to support phone data, hard keyboard, and other Motorola specifics. All credit goes to the Team Gummy Devs below. My goal is to support some of the builds on Kejar31's behalf, and that's why I'm posting the thread.

Unless coming from 0.8.X, we are recommending that everyone wipe data with this install.. while you may not have issues without wiping data we will still ask you to do so if you want our assistance with issues

Team Gummy:
  • Kejar31 - Primary Developer and Project lead
  • Syaoran12 - Developer
  • Mobile_Sensei -Developer
  • Atesc - Developer
  • Sixstringsg - Developer
  • Stevespear426 - Developer
  • PoiTEE - Forum support guru
  • Daank - Wallpapers and artwork
Info:Notes:
  • Team Gummy is no longer supporting custom Gapps.. instead we ask that you use the Gapps found at Goo-Inside.me
  • YOU MUST UNCHECK ANY OVERCLOCK UNDERVOLT BOOT UP OPTIONS YOU HAVE SET BEFORE INSTALLING
Features:
  • AOSP build based on 4.0.3 complied by Kejar31
  • Performance Settings - Credit CM / Jrummy16 / Kejar31 / Stevespear426
  • GUI manageable init.d scripts tweaks - Credit Jrummy16 / Kejar31
  • Customisable SystemU tweaks - credit Xoomdev / Syaoran12 / Kejar31
  • Battery % always available in the lockscreen (now with the option to turn on and off) - Credit Syaoran12
  • Faster rotation initiation - Credit XoomDev / Kejar31
  • T9 Dialer - Credit CM
  • Quad Lockscreen with open customizable seats, AOSP lockscreens and Rings Lockscreens
  • Customizable battery icons options ( Hide, miui, stock, fat battery with %, side bar with % and circle)
  • Softkeys can be turned on and off
  • LED settings - credit Romanbb
  • ApexLauncher - credit Android Does
  • Pulldown Widgets - credit - CM
  • OI FileManager (compiled with the ICS SDK)
  • Softkey Mod and settings - Credit XoomDev / Icons - WJD Designs
  • FaceBook contact sync - Credit Roman
  • AOSP Wifi tether enabled
  • Busybox
  • Su and Superuser apk - Credit ChainsDD
  • Android Term - Credit jackpal
  • Stk
  • Livewallpapers compiled and included
  • Custom Gummy live wallpaper
  • AppWidgetPicker - credit boombuler
  • All png's are optimized during build via CM script and PNG Crunch
  • Compcache support
Whats not working:
  • Right now data is very fickle. We're working on it.
  • Better Camera function (FFC, Face detect, etc in progress)
  • HW Video Codecs (in progress)
  • Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)
ChangeLog ROM:
  • <0.7.6
  1. Removed from the changelog to save space
  1. updated to Imosoeyons latest Kernel
  2. ApexLauncher .7 - credit Android Does
  3. Full list of new features can be found here
  1. updated to Imosoeyons latest Kernel 2.4.1
  2. Full list of new features can be found here
  1. updated to Imosoeyons latest Kernel 2.7
  2. Full list of new features can be found here
Credit / Thanks:
  • Birdman and co for releasing his Rootz Boat which I used as a guide to get this up and going without his initial hard work there is no way I would have had this up an running in two days
  • ChainsDD for su and superuser
  • Xoomdev for all his assistance and answering my stupid questions
  • RomanBB for all his help and assistance
  • CyanogenMod for all they do and the way they mak everything available to all of us
  • Goo-Inside.me for hosting our files
  • Android Does, for letting us use thier launcher in our ROM
Install:
  • Download the ROM
  • Download Gapps
  • adb reboot recovery
  • wipe data in CWM
  • install ROM
  • install gapps
  • reboot
FilesAdd-ons:
  • None ATM
Updates / Fixes:
  • None ATM
Donate:

·
Average Android
162 Posts
For anyone that's wondering about this I can say its running great. Data works, it took a few min to come up at boot but I have had a solid connection since setting it up last night. Front camera works perfect. Battery life seems good. All in all great job. Hashcode and team gummy.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
yes this is an issue with the newest kindle app and non hw accel ICS roms like this one
I will look into it this week but cant guarantee we will get it fixed. The best fix may be to install the older version

·
Registered
114 Posts
The last few times I have powered down/up or rebooted I have gotten a message that says "Unfortunately, Apex Launcher has stopped". I hit OK and then everything seems fine. Launcher is working fine as far as I can tell and I don't get any other error messages unless I reboot again. Anyone else seen this?

·
Rookie Dev
31 Posts
The last few times I have powered down/up or rebooted I have gotten a message that says "Unfortunately, Apex Launcher has stopped". I hit OK and then everything seems fine. Launcher is working fine as far as I can tell and I don't get any other error messages unless I reboot again. Anyone else seen this?
Latest version of apex launcher is 1.0.4 is that what you have? v1.0.3 had a force close issue I think

·
Registered
114 Posts
Double checked and yes, I do have the latest version of Apex. It's not a huge deal as it only happens once when I first boot the phone and then everything seems to be fine. Was more curious if anyone else had experienced it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone else tried any of the D4 nightly builds? I've been running 04/08 since yesterday evening. Really nice. I haven't notcied any bugs or had any dropped data issues yet. And holy crap is that new boot animation awesome! LOL! On a side note, does anyone know who is building these nighlies? Is it Hashcode?

·
Registered
6 Posts
To build on what Kwyrt said, is there a place to see a changelog? have they been working on the data issues?

Gummy is my favorite rom by far, but information on it is so scarce...
Also, and I have this issue with CM9 as well, wifi now DESTROYS my battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Bugs so far (On DROID4):[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]The lockscreen circle always thinks the screen is portrait, and cuts off where it would cut off if it was.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]The SYM button doesn't display all symbols not available on the keyboard. Symbols such as > and < can't be typed with the physical keyboard out.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]And the most important bug of all: USB doesn't work. At all. Whatsoever. Not debugging, not external hard drive, nothing. [/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Edit:[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Not resolved in the 5/10 build.[/background]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.