Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
Jester, count me in. for any help needed. Testing/flashing/bricking (jk).
I've been toying with things on my own, but the only success I have had is with;

1. ubuntu
2. modifying a dual boot from SHR and dumping an Android Image into the directory instead. (no success) -- go figure
3. Unbricking several times :)-D ) w/ webos doctor. LOL

So really... no success with android booting thus far for me. I NOT after the bounty, I'm purely bored now that I an no longer employed and watching HGTV gets annoying with all the chick shows.
LOL.

So really now I have nothing but time on my hands... need to do something more then flipping the tv remote. hahaha

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
lJesterl said:
I have having a few issues that im working out and im having major issues creating a simplistic user installing package. Once its done I may just have to have someone ,whoever can do the best, make the easiest installing process/guide possible. I will keep you guys posted.
Jester, I will say that is going to be the major hurdle for most users. I did not have any programming background, but just a quick study and now that I am not working for the next couple of weeks... I read, read, read. So yeah, its a bit lengthy and to be honest at first it was so intimidating. But then again, I had nothing else to do. LOL
So something simple would be great.

I was thinking:

1. Using metaDoctor to create a costume webos doctor and if possible have that do the injection of android? ; if its possible ( I haven't gotten that far yet)
2. If its possible to write an ipk file and using preware to install. (much like patches/kernels)
3. An install package that would contain all the necessary files, with an install script that would do all or most of the work?
(something on the lines of -- unzip package, copy paste these files in these directory, once done click this script and let it run, etc...)

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
lJesterl said:
I'm not sure who they are but if you wouldnt mind to share there details I will contact them.

I need assitance from anyone who would like to help me who is running a 64bit version of ubunutu. My desktop crapped out on me and my laptop is only 32bit. I need the following compiled/built and uploaded for me to download.

$repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b
gingerbread_rel -m M8660AAABQNLYA109002.xml

$repo sync

cd <android-source-tree>

source build/envsetup.sh

choosecombo 1 1 msm8660_surf eng

- Where 1 = Device
- Where 1 = Release

- make -j4

if the above manifest fails try M8660AAABQNLYA109036.xml

Please insure that everything is intact (i.e boot.img, system.img .mbn, xt4 img's etc)
Anyone about to pull these from the git hub? If not I will tinker with it next week. Stupid obligations!!! lol

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
lJesterl said:
Hello,

Firstly sorry to anyone whom I havent replied to via private message. I have so many. Also sorry if I do not answer your question directly on this post.

I am having trouble with the current build because its missing the system.img, user.img and emmc mbn. With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first. You have to build the kernel then build the ramdisk and then build a multi uimage. You can use novaterm to chainboot or fsboot the image. You also have to setenv rules for booting your custom image. Most likely im going to build a boot script to boot into android then use adb to flash it but I need everything from the build to do so.
I think this (the system.img) was in img 12 of the" full dump" or the "new dump" from the other post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts