Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
I have been able to use my own custom boot loader
Really? On the TouchPad? Can you provide any details? I want to do the same (U-Boot specifically) but I need to know if trashing the bootloader is reversible...

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
With as much details as I can provide without hurting my own project you can do almost anything with u-boot that you want to do. Im sure there are ways to trash the bootloader but ive manipulated it so far every way possible without perminent damage. Everything can be restored through webos doctor
That sounds promising lJesterl. In case your wondering, I am not currently, nor am I going to be, part of the 'Bounty Chase' ;) and I certainly don't want to get in the way of anything you are doing - My sole desire is to have a functional port of U-Boot for the TouchPad, and at the rate I have other projects piling up, this will be a while off. If you feel you can provide me with any information on how to achieve this, can you let me know - I'm the U-Boot x86 maintainer, so getting my contact details will be trivial (or you can PM me)

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first.
How are you running U-Boot? I am assuming you are chain-loading it from bootie. Can you provide me with any details?

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first.
How are you running U-Boot? I am assuming you are chain-loading it from bootie. Can you provide me with any details?

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
You can run it through novaterm or novacom
So it is run like a stand-along application, much like you would run any other command?

Please excuse my ignorance - a) I have not had a chance to play with my TP yet and b) I'm only familiar with running U-Boot as a boot-loader from CPU reset

1 - 5 of 5 Posts