Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Hello All,

I'm new to this site but have used xda-developers for awhile. I am working on the touchdroid project myself. I have been able to use my own custom boot loader with a generic android image. I am currently working on a proper image and a friendly user install program. I will keep you all posted and should have a working port by the weekend.

I have been programming for 14 years. I can program in over 10+ programming langugage and I currently work as a nvidia tegra developer.

If anyone would like to help just reply to this topic and i will find something for you to do.

I dont like to talk about other projects or other devs but both dumps from the qualcomm systems are garbage.

EDIT: I changed the name to DroidPad due to conflicting names with another project

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With as much details as I can provide without hurting my own project you can do almost anything with u-boot that you want to do. Im sure there are ways to trash the bootloader but ive manipulated it so far every way possible without perminent damage. Everything can be restored through webos doctor

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am really pleased with the support thus far. Thank you all.

The only disadvantage to my port will be no dual boot. It will be android gingerbread only. After the release I plan to go back and create more customization in the rom to better fit the touchpad. I apprecaite everyone's interest in testing. That will be what I will need the most. I have having a few issues that im working out and im having major issues creating a simplistic user installing package. Once its done I may just have to have someone ,whoever can do the best, make the easiest installing process/guide possible. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure who they are but if you wouldnt mind to share there details I will contact them.

I need assitance from anyone who would like to help me who is running a 64bit version of ubunutu. My desktop crapped out on me and my laptop is only 32bit. I need the following compiled/built and uploaded for me to download.

$repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b
gingerbread_rel -m M8660AAABQNLYA109002.xml

$repo sync

cd <android-source-tree>

source build/envsetup.sh

choosecombo 1 1 msm8660_surf eng

- Where 1 = Device
- Where 1 = Release

- make -j4

if the above manifest fails try M8660AAABQNLYA109036.xml

Please insure that everything is intact (i.e boot.img, system.img .mbn, xt4 img's etc)

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hello,

Firstly sorry to anyone whom I havent replied to via private message. I have so many. Also sorry if I do not answer your question directly on this post.

I am having trouble with the current build because its missing the system.img, user.img and emmc mbn. With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first. You have to build the kernel then build the ramdisk and then build a multi uimage. You can use novaterm to chainboot or fsboot the image. You also have to setenv rules for booting your custom image. Most likely im going to build a boot script to boot into android then use adb to flash it but I need everything from the build to do so.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Both system dumps are garbage. One is missing 60% or more of the stuff and the other is missing stuff and has curreupted files.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts