Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
I suspect this will be a two-pronged approach:

1) the initial install. WebOsDoctor can be decompiled/modified to push whatever partitions/images you need. Buried a couple of folders deep in the .jar file is a WebOs.tar file and a topaz.xml file that will tell you what you need.
2) Once you've successfully installed Android, you should be able to use CWM to do any upgrades.

BTW, I Took a look at MetaDoctor. Didn't look like it was going to allow completely custom images without some hacking... mostly used to tweak the WebOS setup before install.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
lJesterl said:
I'm not sure who they are but if you wouldnt mind to share there details I will contact them.

I need assitance from anyone who would like to help me who is running a 64bit version of ubunutu. My desktop crapped out on me and my laptop is only 32bit. I need the following compiled/built and uploaded for me to download.

$repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b
gingerbread_rel -m M8660AAABQNLYA109002.xml

$repo sync

cd <android-source-tree>

source build/envsetup.sh

choosecombo 1 1 msm8660_surf eng

- Where 1 = Device
- Where 1 = Release

- make -j4

if the above manifest fails try M8660AAABQNLYA109036.xml

Please insure that everything is intact (i.e boot.img, system.img .mbn, xt4 img's etc)
having issues connecting to the repo. Our work network is tied down to make sure were not on facebook all day etc so cannot connect to that repo. I will setup a virutal machine at home tomorrow and will try again for you.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
benny said:
having issues connecting to the repo. Our work network is tied down to make sure were not on facebook all day etc so cannot connect to that repo. I will setup a virutal machine at home tomorrow and will try again for you.
I can't access from here either. I have no firewall blocking.
Git is probably down right now.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
lJesterl said:
I'm not sure who they are but if you wouldnt mind to share there details I will contact them.

I need assitance from anyone who would like to help me who is running a 64bit version of ubunutu. My desktop crapped out on me and my laptop is only 32bit. I need the following compiled/built and uploaded for me to download.

$repo sync

cd <android-source-tree>

source build/envsetup.sh

- Where 1 = Device
- Where 1 = Release

- make -j4

Please insure that everything is intact (i.e boot.img, system.img .mbn, xt4 img's etc)
I have pulled all source codes and compiled successfully. Had to try three different desktop, my netbook and wife's laptop due to silly 64bit restriction as a side story.
I tried to configure kernel to include different drivers to match touchpad, there are major problems that menuconfig doesn't generate any good .config file.
And worse is that the config items are not properly coded. So we may have to rely on Makefile hacking to include other drivers.
I haven't tried my compiled build yet as I don't see a way how to burn the images and kernels without risking bricking it out.
One kernel for both WebOS and Android makes some sense but using WebOS doctor may be better.
Is there any document that describes how TP bootloader works?

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
lJesterl said:

$repo sync

cd <android-source-tree>

source build/envsetup.sh

- Where 1 = Device
- Where 1 = Release

- make -j4

actually, funny you should ask... I already have this built. It has been chilling on my ubuntu pc for several days. If you want, contact me and I'll send you the image or whatever else you need.

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
lJesterl said:

$repo sync

cd <android-source-tree>

source build/envsetup.sh

- Where 1 = Device
- Where 1 = Release

- make -j4

Anyone about to pull these from the git hub? If not I will tinker with it next week. Stupid obligations!!! lol

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hello,

Firstly sorry to anyone whom I havent replied to via private message. I have so many. Also sorry if I do not answer your question directly on this post.

I am having trouble with the current build because its missing the system.img, user.img and emmc mbn. With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first. You have to build the kernel then build the ramdisk and then build a multi uimage. You can use novaterm to chainboot or fsboot the image. You also have to setenv rules for booting your custom image. Most likely im going to build a boot script to boot into android then use adb to flash it but I need everything from the build to do so.

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first.
How are you running U-Boot? I am assuming you are chain-loading it from bootie. Can you provide me with any details?

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first.
How are you running U-Boot? I am assuming you are chain-loading it from bootie. Can you provide me with any details?

·
Android Lover
144 Posts
lJesterl said:
You can run it through novaterm or novacom
So it is run like a stand-along application, much like you would run any other command?

Please excuse my ignorance - a) I have not had a chance to play with my TP yet and b) I'm only familiar with running U-Boot as a boot-loader from CPU reset

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
lJesterl said:
Hello,

Firstly sorry to anyone whom I havent replied to via private message. I have so many. Also sorry if I do not answer your question directly on this post.

I am having trouble with the current build because its missing the system.img, user.img and emmc mbn. With Uboot you can essentialy boot anything aslong as you have the kernel and ramdisk build through mkimage first. You have to build the kernel then build the ramdisk and then build a multi uimage. You can use novaterm to chainboot or fsboot the image. You also have to setenv rules for booting your custom image. Most likely im going to build a boot script to boot into android then use adb to flash it but I need everything from the build to do so.
I think this (the system.img) was in img 12 of the" full dump" or the "new dump" from the other post.

·
Android Apprentice
80 Posts
"lJesterl said:
Hello All,

I'm new to this site but have used xda-developers for awhile. I am working on the touchdroid project myself. I have been able to use my own custom boot loader with a generic android image. I am currently working on a proper image and a friendly user install program. I will keep you all posted and should have a working port by the weekend.

I have been programming for 14 years. I can program in over 10+ programming langugage and I currently work as a nvidia tegra developer.

If anyone would like to help just reply to this topic and i will find something for you to do.

I dont like to talk about other projects or other devs but both dumps from the qualcomm systems are garbage.

EDIT: I changed the name to DroidPad due to conflicting names with another project
What is your twitter?

·
Android Lover
238 Posts
So, just to be clear, are you running this image?

And how much of it works? And what partition layout works with it?

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Both system dumps are garbage. One is missing 60% or more of the stuff and the other is missing stuff and has curreupted files.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts