Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm copying this post over from DroidXForums, where I had it posted originally:
Possible Gummy Bugs
Been running Gummy for a day and a half now. Here's some issues I've noticed, I'm not sure if they're known and I just missed it, but here goes:
1: both plugging and unplugging USB into Pc turns mobile data on if it was off. Wall charger doesn't affect this.
2: horizontal battery bar across status bar doesn't reach all the way over, stops at the phone signal bar.
3: when dragging apps the "X Remove" on the top of the screen will ocassionally disappear.

Might add a few more to this later
Awesome Rom otherwise, definite daily driver for quite a while.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
also added by another user:
Under Settings -> Develop Options

I have checked "Stay Awake" so the "Screen will never sleep while charging".

Nevertheless, when the Droid-X phone is plugged into a charger,
the phone's screen will go blank after a few minutes.

This is a minor inconvenience.

Howard

·
Registered
63 Posts
I took several screenshots, but they all come out to about 500K and RootzWiki won't let me post anything above 300K. Any ideas on how to reduce the picture's memory size?
open em in paint and scale them down, dragging them from a corner just like u would a Windows window should work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Whats wrong with adw ex?
ADW is one of those launchers that has a distinct "launcher feel" to it, which is something I really dislike. I will generally stay away from roms that rely on launchers, ICS roms being the exception, since ICS launchers (so far) stay so close to stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm having major problems with USB connection, I have made no significant changes in the past 2 weeks, other than installing go sms, anyway I can no longer access my SD card through USB, I connect it, disable 3G*, select Memory Card Access. At first that was all I had to do, now it wants me to go to the annoying "turn on usb storage screen" when I click the button, a loading wheel just keeps going on and on into infinity...

*when plugging and unplugging to PC, Mobile Data enables itself

·
Registered
63 Posts
It sounds like you might have clashing USB host mode programs. I also have 2 different programs awaken when I first plug my USB into my PC, but I ignore the one that presents the button "turn on USB storage", and I use the program where you select with the bubble what you want to do while connected (charge, USB storage, PC mode, etc.). Check your titanium backup or apps if you have USB Mass Storage Toggle, and you can safely uninstall it because the other USB host mode is internal to the Android OS.
If I ignore the new one that comes up on the ICS roms, and just use the one from the bubble, it never connects

·
Registered
63 Posts
It sounds like you might have clashing USB host mode programs. I also have 2 different programs awaken when I first plug my USB into my PC, but I ignore the one that presents the button "turn on USB storage", and I use the program where you select with the bubble what you want to do while connected (charge, USB storage, PC mode, etc.). Check your titanium backup or apps if you have USB Mass Storage Toggle, and you can safely uninstall it because the other USB host mode is internal to the Android OS.
nope I got nothin with that name in apps or TiBu

1 - 20 of 28 Posts