Android OS Forum banner
3601 - 3620 of 3634 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
You'd have to decompile SystemUI.apk, edit res\layout\status_bar.xml or status_bar_expanded.xml, then recompile and repush SystemUI back over. I can't remember if Gummy had a setting for that. Like you said, I know AOKP, Black Ice, and even Liquid ICS have that setting.
Thanks man, I may give it a try, does the T-Mo theme engine affect or replace SystemUI.apk?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone had superuser problems? I was going to clear out space in the system folder and could not delete any files. Superuser would not update either. Always ended with fail message. Setting is set to automatically allow requests. I tried the update fixer from the market too. No idea why its not working.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Tweaker
163 Posts
Has anyone had superuser problems? I was going to clear out space in the system folder and could not delete any files. Superuser would not update either. Always ended with fail message. Setting is set to automatically allow requests. I tried the update fixer from the market too. No idea why its not working.
Are you sure that your /system partition is not already full? In a terminal window, run "df" to see the capacity of your partitions.

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
Not 100% sure on that. I think it depends on the theme itself. I don't think it replaces the whole SystemUI.apk, I think it only replaces certain files (like .png's). However, it may also change .xml's. If you download a theme, open it up for yourself to see what is being changed/replaced.
Duh, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks..Sometimes, like a lot of people I forget to think first...

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
So far so good on this rom for me. I do miss a few features like being able to change the color of the clock and size of text in the status bar in an easy way, but that's just the way it is I guess. Someone suggested metamorph, and I might have to dive into that.

Also, what kind of battery life are you guys getting on stock batteries? With a little texting and a few calls, I was at 73% at lunch after about 4-5 hours. Not bad for an ICS rom, but I've seen better from ICS roms in general. Of course someone had to bring up that dreaded question.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,607 ·
So far so good on this rom for me. I do miss a few features like being able to change the color of the clock and size of text in the status bar in an easy way, but that's just the way it is I guess. Someone suggested metamorph, and I might have to dive into that.

Also, what kind of battery life are you guys getting on stock batteries? With a little texting and a few calls, I was at 73% at lunch after about 4-5 hours. Not bad for an ICS rom, but I've seen better from ICS roms in general. Of course someone had to bring up that dreaded question.
Gummy settings > systemui tweaks > clock color allows changes.

D2G but same size battery iirc but I get roughly 10-12 hours of my normal use (1-2 calls, few texts, twitter off and on all day). Yes, some roms have better battery life (cm9 has always been a little better for me) but not enough to warrant switching imo.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
Only what the theme redirects and even then its only color codes/images.

Gummy settings > systemui tweaks > clock color allows changes.

D2G but same size battery iirc but I get roughly 10-12 hours of my normal use (1-2 calls, few texts, twitter off and on all day). Yes, some roms have better battery life (cm9 has always been a little better for me) but not enough to warrant switching imo.

Sent from my DROID2 Global using RootzWiki
Thanks for the tips. Esp on the clock color. I thought I had looked through all of Gummy Settings but I must have missed it. Thanks again for the rom. This has most of the options that AOKP had so I'm happy. That's about the life I get with similar usage. Actually , On my old battery it probably lasts at least from 7:30AM to 11PM. But I don't let it get that low before charging.

Thanks again for this build.

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question. I love this build BTW, Of course it would be fantastic if it incorporated the blur battery savings but I'd say that's a no go since they're so different. Anywho. Over in the CM9 thread which I try to keep up with. I've heard people say that turning off your debugging helped with battery life. I forgot the reasoning behind this. And I'm not certain if it's usb debugging or debugging in general somewhere else in the rom. Is this true? Does it help.

And question number two is , are there any other tricks one can use to get better life other than the normal stuff that everyone know's about. I'm talking about anything particular to an ICS rom that would help. Particular to this ICS rom really.

Thanks again guys for another job well done. If I ever get a new phone I hope the community around it is as big, nice, caring, and dedicated as the one around this ancient Droid X which I still love because of the Camera Buttton and hard keys. That's just me though. The soft keys are probably fine once you get used to them. I know almost any new phone will be faster than my X, I just hope it's as fun and as durable as this one has been. I just can't see it being topped. Remember, I'm the guy who's X fell from the roof of his car going 60mph in a curve and after finding all the parts (found the battery the next day when I went back with a machate) and when I put it back together meaning battery, battery cover, and the main device which only had one scratch on the screen and many on the corners, It booted like it always did. Tougher than a Timex My X has really taken a licking and kept on ticking. Knock on wood.

·
Android Addict
260 Posts
I just notice the same issue kghayse was having on my D2G after flashing gummy, and discovered it was caused by using a screen lock other than slide. Pattern, pin, and password all cause the phone to reboot when active and the phone is locked.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just notice the same issue kghayse was having on my D2G after flashing gummy, and discovered it was caused by using a screen lock other than slide. Pattern, pin, and password all cause the phone to reboot when active and the phone is locked.
So that's what it was?! I use a pattern lock on my phone, but I never thought to disable it to see if that was the cause. Good find. Too bad that kinda makes it a no go for me, I don't want my phone to be able to be opened by just anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,612 ·
I don't want my phone to be able to be opened by just anyone.
Fairly easy solution, keep it in your pocket when your not using it.... Far bigger problem is it coming unlocked in pocket and pocket calling/texting/whatever else.

I've looked at it a few times but my java skills are virtually non-existent so really have no idea how to fix it....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fairly easy solution, keep it in your pocket when your not using it.... Far bigger problem is it coming unlocked in pocket and pocket calling/texting/whatever else.
OK, you got me, I missed the easy solution... every now and then, tho, I make life hard on myself and put it somewhere other than my pocket. Since I keep my plans for world domination on my phone, I figure I better keep it a little more secure than just a swipe.

·
StrawberryDroid
171 Posts
Question: How does the September build play w Chrome? I only ask because the latest full-hwa CM9 build gets pretty laggy whenever Chrome is open.

Funny thing though, I could swear it wasn't like that until a month or so after I flashed it

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
On the other hand, Chrome isn't really all that great in my opinion. It's a browser. It's not terribly fast. It's not chock full of mind blowing features (which would make it even more not fast). It's not comfortable to me in general. So, in my case, Chrome working or not working is irrelevant. (Of course, I don't use my X anymore either, so my opinion could also be irrelevant)

3601 - 3620 of 3634 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.