Android OS Forum banner
3621 - 3634 of 3634 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
Hey fellow ICS users. I tried XX's latest Gummy build when he released it, but it seemed like the battery dropped like a rock. Maybe I didn't run it long enough. Do you guys get life comparable to CM9? The reason I ask is that I got 16 hours or so and was at 65% yesterday on CM9. I can't remember what I get from one ICS to the next so I'm starting to document it a bit more. Someone asked the other day if BlackIce was any better on battery and I replied that it probably wasn't. But it seemed like this latest build dropped quicker than any other.

Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
520 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has tried Pimp My Rom with the latest build with fully working HWA? My battery life was horrible on this the latest one, and I'd love to go back for the features but can't because of the sucky battery life.

(I'm sorry if my posts sound bitchy and ungrateful). I respect and appreciate all the hard work put into this stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has tried Pimp My Rom with the latest build with fully working HWA? My battery life was horrible on this the latest one, and I'd love to go back for the features but can't because of the sucky battery life.

(I'm sorry if my posts sound bitchy and ungrateful). I respect and appreciate all the hard work put into this stuff.
You should try V6 Supercharger script. It has tweaks that also help with battery.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Installed the September updated version last night. Only thing not working is the battery bar and start up tweaks under performance settings. Other than that ROM is great except the battery life.

EDIT: installed Pimp My ROM and it GREATLY increased battery life. Torch FC when try to turnon and cannot add to power widgets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Flashed the HWA version last night and everything works great minus the startup tweaks. Force close each time. Everything else is really solid though. Going to use it as my daily driver until (if) a fix for startup tweaks is released.

·
Nexus Addict
651 Posts
Can someone comment on the usability of Netflix with the latest HWA update? I would flash and test myself but I have moved on to the gnex. Girlfriend has my X and I don't wanna screw up her CM9 setup unless ofcourse it will get her Netflix. She's super jealous of my Netflix and jellybean.
On a side note if I could find a cheap digitizer and LCD for a razor that would also fix her not having Netflix problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did anyone have any problems with corrupted data on Gummy, I'm having major problems with the rom all around. It's very sluggish, freezes frequently, and about 75% of my photos are corrupted and unviewable. Come to think of it I've only snapped 3 or 4 photos since flashing ICS a year ago, here's my version, by the time you'll be reading this I'll be updated to the September release...

edit: most of these problems occured either a a couple months after flashing the rom, or probly after flashing one of the updates, Its been so long I can't remember. I thought the data corruption was due to having a Class 10 SD card, but after reverting to a 4 I'v noticed no improvements, the phone became faster but pictures that had been ok were still turning up corrupted...

3621 - 3634 of 3634 Posts