Android OS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Developer
4 Posts
Synack said:
Guys, not to alarm you but this will more than likely take at least a couple months for an alpha version then another couple for a RC. I know it's exciting but we are building from the ground up here. Getting this hardware to work with Android will be tough but not impossible. It will take longer because there are no current Android tablets running the same hardware configurations, these guys probably had to choose the device that had the MOST similarities and then work with that. That being said, many many things will not work or work well when the initial alpha is released. Also, were going to need Honeycomb source if were going to get that working, but that's like 6 months+ down the road I'm guessing. My times could be off a bit but the issues are the same. Have patience and be grateful, help if you can, if you want. I will. If there is one good thing that comes out of this, I would say it is that because this device is WiFi only then a lot of the work normally associated with porting will be removed because these guys won't have to work on any kind of radio hardware. I just hope there are enough similarities between the chosen devices build and the Touchpad that this operation can go as swiftly and smoothly as possible.
There is few devices based on same hardware :) Like sensation or evo 3d. HTC puccini should be almost the same to Touchpad.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts