Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
bmtbandit said:
Can someone please provide instructions how to convert the various .img files into actual files.
I haven't been able to download it yet but I suspect it's a drive image. Google 'linux dd' and you are curious. The file though isn't flashable. Unless you know Android and Linux pretty well, it's not really going to do you any good.

Might I also suggest that people with general questions start a new thread instead of posting on this one?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
seibertjd said:
The kernel available at http://opensource.palm.com/3.0.2/index.html has quite a few drivers in its source code, so while it may or may not be exclusive to the HP TP, it likely would have at least a good portion of the required drivers in it.
Well we dont have to worry about drivers right now since we have fully compiled ones for the TP android right here.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Quick Question: And please note I am not rushing anyone, Once you have all this porting and using the Dump from the HP TouchPad that was running Android to get a solid build will we be able to dual boot the OS's, kinda link what UbuntuCHroot does? I dont know what all that entails is why I ask, I would only add android to my TP if it could be dual booted.

Or Triple Booted (WebOS, Android(HoneyComb), and Ubuntu) :)

Thanks,
Bobby

P.S. Off topic and feel free to ignore but with the CHroot Ubuntu, can I make it GUI enabled on boot like if I was running Ubuntu on my PC it would boot right up to a start menu of such type GUI?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
waghoba said:
+1. I cant commit anything but I know someone who is not interested in TP and wants to sell, I will try to convince him to sell it to one of the Devs here if possible. Just my $0.02...lets see how it goes.
thanks we can use them. PM any users in the first post

·
Registered
88 Posts
x.v_ said:
I'm confused... what device files are these a dumps of? I was expecting them to be named according to what they are. D:
Those files are for devs to work on to get android ported. If you dont know what they are dont bother with them they arent useful to anyone except devs.

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
120 Posts
What I'm confused about is why only 1, 12, 13 show files for me. :p Of course I need to do something with the others... but what? I want to flash these (why not, doctor is so simple), but I am unable to find the pattern here. Maybe this is just above my pay grade. :3 It appears to me that 12 = /system and 13 = /data. That's about all I'm able to decipher.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
All those images are different partitions on the touchpad.

So its been split into 17 partitions. But some of the partitions are just unallocated space so have nothing in them.

12.img is the system partition tho.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
Ok here is my wild thought, Tell me what you think.
Inside of the WebOS Doctor there is a WebOS.tar, inside that there is a file named nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz.
nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz contains the system files for WebOS. What If we repack nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz with Androids files, and use WebOS Doctor to Flash?

·
Android Genius
56 Posts
bmtbandit said:
Ok here is my wild thought, Tell me what you think.
Inside of the WebOS Doctor there is a WebOS.tar, inside that there is a file named nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz.
nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz contains the system files for WebOS. What If we repack nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz with Androids files, and use WebOS Doctor to Flash?
We would still need the boot partition which contains the kernel to be flashed as well.

·
Android Enthusiast
106 Posts
rhcp011235 said:
We are working as hard as possible to bring you android guys. I and many other team members dont even have a TP yet.
Good luck getting one, thanks you and other team members for all of your hard work. Just and FYI, I received 3 Touchpads today. 2 from OnSale and 1 from Insight. (1 more in 3 weeks from HP.) All but 1 are spoken for (family). I'll let you know about the last one ASAP.

·
Android Genius
56 Posts
damageless said:
Will you and the rest of the people that have no clue what they are talking about take this elsewhere?

I haven't looked into this much yet, but if these are dd's from a working Android TouchPad then the first step would probably be comparing the WebOS partition structure and comparing it with what we have on the Android builds. If they are similar/identical, then maybe we can write them back if we have a way of talking to recovery (if the Touchpad does have recovery or any other way of talking to the device when it isn't booted normally). I have a TouchPad at home that I can take a look at tonight, I haven't even touched it yet so I don't know what kind of access we have to the lower system.
No sir, but thanks for asking.

21 - 40 of 197 Posts