Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
damageless said:
Will you and the rest of the people that have no clue what they are talking about take this elsewhere?

....I haven't even touched it yet so I don't know what kind of access we have to the lower system.
Le sigh.

Alright, so this should be fairly simple, we just need to move the files into meta doctor and edit the "Topaz.xml" file to make the proper partition map. I don't have enough balls to do it, but I can easily provide the kernel/ramdisk/boot image if need be.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new to this site. Just want to know whether i can put andriod OS on touchpad? I dont see any instructions, but i think the files given for download are only for DEVs working on this. Can u guide me here...

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
kvbhaskar7 said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this site. Just want to know whether i can put andriod OS on touchpad? I dont see any instructions, but i think the files given for download are only for DEVs working on this. Can u guide me here...
read the op. not yet a rom

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
kvbhaskar7 said:
Hi guys,

@kvbhaskar7 - good rule of thumb for ALL forums: read the original posting (aka - the "OP") thoroughly before asking any questions. quite often, many questions are answered there :)

ps - it's also a good rule of thumb to read all of the other postings in the thread as well...just to make sure your question hasn't already been asked & answered if it's not covered in the OP :)

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Smith7018 said:
Le sigh.

Alright, so this should be fairly simple, we just need to move the files into meta doctor and edit the "Topaz.xml" file to make the proper partition map. I don't have enough balls to do it, but I can easily provide the kernel/ramdisk/boot image if need be.
Smith...left some notes for you over on the XDA thread.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
TheGr8Revealing said:
This is big, this is one of the kids over at Touch-Droid.com, he must have figured something out, or at least got his hands on one of the originals.
I'm guessing we will be seeing instructions on how to "flash" this dump onto our own TP soon :)

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
dreed75 said:
I'm guessing we will be seeing instructions on how to "flash" this dump onto our own TP soon :)
Hope so! :D

On another note... Is there anything that we can do for the devs that don't have a TP yet? Trying certain things, or running commands through SSH or something? I'm fairly experienced in Linux and tinkering with gadgets and it'd be nice if we could help you guys get a head start even if you don't own the TP yourselves just yet.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
TheGr8Revealing said:
This is big, this is one of the kids over at Touch-Droid.com, he must have figured something out, or at least got his hands on one of the originals.
Seems like a hoax to me. The lock screen says Monday, January 5, which is 2009. Also says "preparing SD card" in the top left corner. The touchpad has no SD card.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
afanofosc said:
Seems like a hoax to me. The lock screen says Monday, January 5, which is 2009. Also says "preparing SD card" in the top left corner. The touchpad has no SD card.
No, but it could be mounting the internal storage partition as an SD card, similar to devices like the Motorola Atrix.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
afanofosc said:
It does have an internal sd card and he probably just didn't set the time, as it has no network from which to fetch time etc from.

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts
TheGr8Revealing said:
That's trsohmers one of the original members of Team Touch Droid who got kicked out. The kid does have some skill, like I said earlier in this thread I bet even a half decent dev could have Gingerbread up and running on the touchpad in a day due to the kernel and drivers included in the dump. I bet he just flashed the dump we have here.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Joenathan said:
That's trsohmers one of the original members of Team Touch Droid who got kicked out. The kid does have some skill, like I said earlier in this thread I bet even a half decent dev could have Gingerbread up and running on the touchpad in a day due to the kernel and drivers included in the dump. I bet he just flashed the dump we have here.
What did he get kicked out for? Sorry for the off topic...

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts
seibertjd said:
What did he get kicked out for? Sorry for the off topic...
"an ex-member was found to have claimed himself as the leader through public channels on more than one occasion. Criticized in group discussion for acting contrary to Team TouchDroid's best interests and claiming more credit than due, the ex-member chose to publicly slander a TouchDroid member and spread false rumors of the group's disbanding. He has since been ousted from the group and removed from the team's development process."

Checkout the statement Team Touch Droid released for the full text http://touch-droid.com/statement.pdf PDF warning

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Yea he went to the presses and let his 15 year old ego get to him. I feel it was the appropriate action. I'm more on app development then kernel work anyways so I'll be interested to see what my android apps will do on my buddy's touchpad.

·
Average Android
108 Posts
i seen his video he posted...had as much running as any other vid i have seen so far...anyday now..lol :)

·
Developer
3 Posts
Hi guys, new user here... please be nice to me ;)

Here's the dump of the boot image (kernel and ramdisk):
http://www.multiupload.com/QAC40UO8R2

Info on the boot image:

Code:
 Kernel Base Address  : 0x40200000<br />
 Page Size            : 2048 bytes<br />
<br />
 Command Line: "console=ttyHSL0,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom androidboot.console=ttyHSL0"<br />
Waiting for the devs to provide a partition table mapping, but for now I've created a temporary flashable ZIP of the system and boot partitions (ie. a typical Android ROM) which requires a custom recovery menu. NOTE: I'm assuming the system partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p12, but of course that may likely be wrong. The system image looks like it's in ext4 format.

http://www.multiupload.com/D5IPSLWQMT

P.S. No TouchPad yet in my hands :(

41 - 60 of 197 Posts