Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 64GB Touchpad that I'm more then happy to do a dump of if someone can point me at instructions as to how to do the dump.

I'm keeping almost everything crossed that we'll have a flavour of Android working soon.

Tess

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
Why would we want a dump? First, it's not Android, and secondly, i guarantee the 16 and 32 models have the exact same files/system as yours.

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nickmv said:
Why would we want a dump? First, it's not Android, and secondly, i guarantee the 16 and 32 models have the exact same files/system as yours.
You'll guarantee it with what exactly? If you're going to try to be a smart***e at least try to come into the game equipped.

The whole point of doing dumps and diff dumps specifically is to make sure they are the same, not to assume they are the same and then suddenly start bricking devices left right and center, of course given your personal guarantee above I'm sure you'd be willing to pay for the replacement units of all those people wouldn't you.....well wouldn't you?

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
testpad said:
You'll guarantee it with what exactly? If you're going to try to be a smart***e at least try to come into the game equipped.

The whole point of doing dumps and diff dumps specifically is to make sure they are the same, not to assume they are the same and then suddenly start bricking devices left right and center, of course given your personal guarantee above I'm sure you'd be willing to pay for the replacement units of all those people wouldn't you.....well wouldn't you?
All the smartassery aside, i believe theres been a dump of it already. and seeming as it has the same hardware as the other 2 models (the only difference being the slightly higher clock in the 64 gig model 1.2Ghz vs 1.5Ghz, and yes they are the same model cpu's Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core CPU APQ8060). So while your offer is appreciated i personally think your out of place by screaming at someone else because they said no thank you and gave you completely valid reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.