Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I assume I'm not the only one with this problem...but I'm hoping somebody has found a fix.

I noticed early on when the gingerbread leaks for the X started coming out that my phone would blackscreen upon unlocking...or sometimes exiting an application.
It appears for the whole length of my screen but does not appear on the dock bar (launcherpro).
It isn't a HUGE problem...as changing screens or simply opening the app-drawer fixes it.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
It's been like 6 months or whatever...across multiple roms.
Is there a fix I could implement?
(I have suspicion it may be LauncherPro related? But I'm not switching, so please don't simply suggest that.)

Edit:
Appears I was right on both counts...
I found this thread...but again no fix.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1301666
Gingerbread and LauncherPro both being mentioned.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe a hardware issue?

Giggity
My mother is a complete smart-phone noob...technology noob, actually.
I have launcher pro installed on her phone and it does the same thing.

·
Androidian Finagler
443 Posts
Launcher pro doesn't seem to get along with gb. Try go launcher no problems with that

·
Android Helper
1,687 Posts
Launcher pro doesn't seem to get along with gb. Try go launcher no problems with that
This is definitely a LauncherPro issue, if you notice, LP hasn't had an update since May, and appears to be unsupported, though there's been talk of an update currently being worked on, (for seven months now), but the consensus is, the app has been abandoned.

·
Android Beginner
56 Posts
phaz said:
Go Launcher works well and has a ton of options and has been getting a good amount of support.

My River Is Orange While Flying High With Liberty 3

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
bobcaruso said:
This is definitely a LauncherPro issue, if you notice, LP hasn't had an update since May, and appears to be unsupported, though there's been talk of an update currently being worked on, (for seven months now), but the consensus is, the app has been abandoned.
Its unfortunate but the rumored "rewrite" that the developer of Launcher Pro has spoken of appears to be dead in the water. It's a shame really. Go launcher is good but is pretty bloated. I have been recently turned on to Zeam. Its based on the adw codebase and it really thin, fast and seems to be supported. I dont ask for much from my launcher so it suits me fine.

·
Androidian Finagler
443 Posts
Launcher pro did the same thing on d2g. Started right after the gb update. LP was the favorite, but too much of a pain now.

·
Nexus Addict
377 Posts
I've had that problem before. Click menu, preferences,general settings, and check keep in memory. That solves the problem for me.

EDIT: Seems to reduce the problem, I still see it every once in a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts