Android OS Forum banner

DX Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAH freezing phone overnight while charging.. anybody?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mikebdub 
#1 ·
I love the life this battery gives me, but I am having problems with it locking up while charging overnight. I am not sure if it is overheating or what but only seems to happen when left on the charger for more then a few hours while I am sleeping. I will wake up and once I unplug my phone the screen usually comes on to show its unplugged but with the GG installed it just starts a normal bootup sequence. After that everything is fine for the rest of the day. Also once the phone loads I notice that it usually only shows about 85-90% charge.. Anybody else have any problems like this? This has happened on numerous ROMs so I am lost at what is going on.. Ideas?

#2 ·
I don't have the GG battery, i have the Trident, and I think the problem ilwirh your charge is that the phone is not reading the battery correctly. I just rook mine off the charger and it said full charge, but after having the screen on for a couple of minutes its down to 63%. It always does that so I use it for a but and then finish charging it overnight. As far as the rebooting, I don't have a clue what that could be.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have the gorilla battery 3500,first time using I charged up completely and reset battery stats. I havent had any issues with the led blinking until it was really almost dead not a false reading in my case.
Also when fully charged it showed 100% charged. I didnt do anything else special other then resetting battery stats as mentioned.

sent by my mind

#9 ·
You haven't dropped the battery onto a hard surface have you ?
Also they have pretty good CS I lost my battery cover when mowing (the cover fell off but battery didnt fall out).
They sent me a free new cover.If I had an issue with the battery I would at least go to their CS on their website and explain the situation to them .It can't hurt and might hep.I wouldnt't think it was the dx itself or mine wouldn't work correct either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.