Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick tip on getting 4G to come on faster when toggling 3G/4G.

When I use the 3G/4G toggle, it sometimes takes several minutes (>10) for the phone to switch to 4G. I realized that if you go into the network settings and select LTE only, it will immediately switch to 4G. You can then switch to LTE + CMDA/EvDo auto.

If this wasn't obvious to you, I hope it helps.

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jaxidian said:
I bet you'll have better luck with a different radio. It's not the case for all of us but most of us get nearly-instant 4G when booting up with the proper radio. However, "the proper radio" is different for many of us, so you'll have to find yours by yourself.
I should have been more clear. I manually keep my phone in 3g for battery life. I toggle to 4g when streaming video or downloads. Sometimes it takes 10+ minutes for it to switch from 3g to 4g. Forcing LTE only mode makes it immediately switch to 4g. I have no issues on booting to 4g.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
Still may want to try another radio. I am on the 802 radio and i get instant 4g when switching from 3g. Takes maybe 10 seconds to switch back to 3g though.

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turdbogls said:
Still may want to try another radio. I am on the 802 radio and i get instant 4g when switching from 3g. Takes maybe 10 seconds to switch back to 3g though.
Are you using CM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts