Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night for whatever reason I decided to encrypt the device & SD card.

Set a password I know and remember well, and told it to go about the encryption process. It mentioned it'd take about an hour, with a few restarts inbetween.

Well I left it to do its thing and went to bed with the phone plugged in. When I woke up, it was hanging at the Verizon loading screen.

Figured this is odd, so left it for awhile long. Nothing changed though, so I pulled the battery and turned it back on. Same thing.

When I entered TWRP it immediately asked for a password. When I input the password i know it says failed, try again.

Now I've tried all manors of the password and it says that every time, and I know the password for a fact.

Tried restoring a TWRP backup to no avail, it looks like its going through the motions then finishes and says Failed.

Currently downloading a no-wipe firmware to flash with Odin, but I'm not 100% this will resolve my issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is doing my head in.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I had a similar issue when wiping data in twrp. I had to odex back to stock then do a factory reset in stock recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Booted into the stock recovery, factory reset, and it booted into initial setup.

Now I'm restoring a backup from earlier yesterday.

I'm guessing that the encrypted data on the SD card is just trash now though? I didn't encrypt all the files (such as media and I believe ones I had placed on there, not the android system) when asked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts