Android OS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm copying a post I put in the bounty thread on XDA.

"This whole bounty thing is ruining progress. It is making people competitive. Nobody trusts each other. It needs to end. Or make the bounty "To be donated to a charity of the Dev's choice". Bounties are a surefire way to end collaboration which is something this community is supposed to be all about.

Any support out there for the charity idea and ending all the nonsense drama going on with this project?"

If you support this idea, post it here and in the actual bounty thread. Let's get this project back on track for the right reasons... Because we all want android on our tablets.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
13 Posts
I absolutely agree with this. Would make the whole greed aspect (which shouldn't have been there in the first place) of developing Android for the TP go away.
 

·
schmoove
Joined
·
85 Posts
I agree. This is a classy post, and I would like to think that when it does get ported donations will be made regardless. There are people much worse off that worry about where there next meal comes from, not hoping that android gets ported before the Fedex guy drops by. Just a little perspective.

Thunderbolt..... RootzWiki.... blah blah blah
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
disagree. Dev should get paid for their hard work. If a "charity" wants the bounty they should start compiling code.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43 Posts
Joe Dirt said:
disagree. Dev should get paid for their hard work. If a "charity" wants the bounty they should start compiling code.
We dont need a bounty. Donations ok but a whole 2K? If its going to go towards us buying touchpads for devs than need them than hell with it yes. But if we are going to use it for stupid things than i think people that can barely find a bite need it more.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
88 Posts
What about requirements, figure out how many developers there are then put requirements requiring a certain number of developers to qualify for the bounty, this will allow them to work together. Some of the best developers around are working on this, if they were to all work together, we may end up with one of the best android ports ever created.

Or if possible, offer more donation options. If some users cant donate via paypal (most of us cant) allow bitcoin mining pool donations.

Ask each user to be kind enough to run a run a bitcoin miner for a a few hours

getting users to run a bitcoin miner for a few hours will easily generate 100-200 dollars (especially if many forum users are running radeon hd 6000 series cards)

(it will basically be the equivalent of each user donating $1-2 dollars by running the app for a few hours)
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
232 Posts
Joe Dirt said:
disagree. Dev should get paid for their hard work. If a "charity" wants the bounty they should start compiling code.
You're avatar and screen name fits you perfectly.

They way some of these people are acting you would think the bounty was for a $1,000,000.00.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
35 Posts
Joe Dirt said:
disagree. Dev should get paid for their hard work. If a "charity" wants the bounty they should start compiling code.
There's no need for a bounty for devs to get paid. Once people start getting Android on to their Touchpads the donations will start rolling in.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
15 Posts
I think the prize winner can do what they want with the money.

honestly this whole "argument, separation-split" debacle is blown way out of proportion and shouldn't be of concern to anyone. it has been taken care of between them and I doubt it will slow anything down
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
238 Posts
I concur... the bounty is harming the process... people who would have previously already had a test version out are being stifled because they might be jacking the $$$ from someone else...
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
48 Posts
Perspective is a crazy word. Many of you consider the developers to be petty and greedy in regards to the "argument" they are having, the issue of the bounty, etc, while not putting out a stable, workable Android port yet.

However, I'm certain that from any outside perspective, the donators appear much more petty and greedy for trying to rush the Android-touchpad project, especially when you consider that it is voluntary on their part. And ultimately, it might be hard to hear this, but I doubt any of the dev's working on it find any personal importance in making a public version of the Android port in the first place. Sure, they might want it to work on their own touchpad, but to release it publically is a service they decide to offer to others.

Besides, no matter how long the multiple teams take to complete the port, the bounty will be there, as there has been no indication of a time frame required, other than to be the 1st to accomplish the goal. It could take a year, it could take a day. They can work at their own pace, as long as they are ahead of their competition.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
24 Posts
Considering any jackwad that is decent in a networking environment can make $2k week actually working, I don't think the bounty is that ridiculous.

However, with the fiascos that keep happening I've decided to take what would have been $100 donation on my end and give it elsewhere.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
232 Posts
olagaton said:
Perspective is a crazy word. Many of you consider the developers to be petty and greedy in regards to the "argument" they are having, the issue of the bounty, etc, while not putting out a stable, workable Android port yet.

However, I'm certain that from any outside perspective, the donators appear much more petty and greedy for trying to rush the Android-touchpad project, especially when you consider that it is voluntary on their part. And ultimately, it might be hard to hear this, but I doubt any of the dev's working on it find any personal importance in making a public version of the Android port in the first place. Sure, they might want it to work on their own touchpad, but to release it publically is a service they decide to offer to others.

Besides, no matter how long the multiple teams take to complete the port, the bounty will be there, as there has been no indication of a time frame required, other than to be the 1st to accomplish the goal. It could take a year, it could take a day. They can work at their own pace, as long as they are ahead of their competition.
If you don't think being first isn't a time frame you're silly. Have you seen what is going on on some of these so called teams? The bounty would have been better spent buying 20 touchpads and giving them to dev teams with the most bricked devices.

Personally I'm digging WebOs for now and I'm in no rush for Android on it, they work just fine as is. The only thing Android will bring is future life and more apps. I have plenty for at least a week :) I'm sure I'll even wait until they have a good stable fully working build before I flash it.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
3 Posts
Are you people serious?

That's like going to work for free, and hoping your boss donates you a paycheck if they don't sell any product.

That's like going to an interview, but not getting the job because you don't have credentials.

This is what America should be, the most qualified individual gets the job.

In the end, the most qualified individual(s) will have completed the job, therefore deserving the bounty / money / donations.

You don't win a race if you're in 2nd place.

The developers deserve much more than they are going to get, especially with the added pressure of 1000000 people flooding Google for an Android port.

The top dog should take home the bacon.

Don't piss on the devs because they're competing.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
48 Posts
piiman said:
If you don't think being first isn't a time frame you're silly.
Being first could be a time frame of 5 minutes, 6 months, 2 years, 10 years. There is no set time frame. You're silly if you don't realize this.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
15 Posts
olagaton said:
Being first could be a time frame of 5 minutes, 6 months, 2 years, 10 years. There is no set time frame. You're silly if you don't realize this.
being first is a time frame. once"first"has been achieved then the time frame is over. time frames don't need to be defined by measurable increments ie minutes etc. a time frame can be defined as the period between events.

I admit that it's not a good time frame but it is one
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
75 Posts
Iloveandroid16 said:
I agree, something to help children somewhere.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
Aid is always going to help children, all of the time.

I think cancer is a better idea. Preferable the male stuff. Im feed up of hearing about breast cancer.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top