Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've odin'd the ep1w radio (said successful) but when i look at the baseband version it shows:

i510.06 v.ee4
sch-i510.ep1

this doesnt seem correct. is it? i am still on froyo (gummy charged) about to move to gingerbread.

thanks!
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
207 Posts
That doesn't seem right. I'm still on the ep1q modems, and mine both say ...ep1. The same should be true for ep1w.

Sent from my Gummy Charged SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Hacker Wannabe
Joined
·
595 Posts
pnd4pnd said:
well i am still on froyo so that is probably why?
Baseband radios are completely independent of the OS version. If the radios updated properly, they should be reading EP1, regardless of your OS version.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just tried to flash again (after updating to gb). now i still see

i510.06 v.ee4
sch-i510.ep1

any thoughts why? odin says it succeeded.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
27 Posts
try flashing the EP1Q radio..then boot it up, then put it back into download mode then odin the EP1W..let me know if that helps.
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
310 Posts
"pnd4pnd said:
i just tried to flash again (after updating to gb). now i still see

i510.06 v.ee4
sch-i510.ep1

any thoughts why? odin says it succeeded.
You guys.... the radio will still shoe EP1 as stated above. EP1Q will show EP1 and EP1W will also show EP1. It simply doesn't show the q or w. If Odin says success then you've done it.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
207 Posts
"clumsyninja21 said:
You guys.... the radio will still shoe EP1 as stated above. EP1Q will show EP1 and EP1W will also show EP1. It simply doesn't show the q or w. If Odin says success then you've done it.
That's not his issue. One of his modems is at ee4, and the other is at ep1. Which is why I said what I said earlier. They're supposed to match.

Sent from my Gummy Charged SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
310 Posts
"aaronDroid80 said:
That's not his issue. One of his modems is at ee4, and the other is at ep1. Which is why I said what I said earlier. They're supposed to match.

Sent from my Gummy Charged SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums
Lol I was half assed replying cuz I was doing something else. My bad. :p
Yes u r right they should match
This happens when the cpmodem isn't updated but the lte modem is. There is an incomplete file like this on rootzwiki. I had to flash the W modems via mydroidworld cuz Tbh has the whole package.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
207 Posts
Good call. now that you mention it, I remember reading somewhere that only one of the modems was updated. Makes perfect sense since the file is called LTE....

I guess if that is the true W release, then the proper sequence would be to flash the Q modems and then the W to upgrade the LTE.

Hmmm...since I'm running the Q modems, and don't use the LTE, I guess there's no rush for me to upgrade.

Sent from my Gummy Charged SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
310 Posts
"aaronDroid80 said:
Good call. now that you mention it, I remember reading somewhere that only one of the modems was updated. Makes perfect sense since the file is called LTE....

I guess if that is the true W release, then the proper sequence would be to flash the Q modems and then the W to upgrade the LTE.

Hmmm...since I'm running the Q modems, and don't use the LTE, I guess there's no rush for me to upgrade.

Sent from my Gummy Charged SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums
Yeah I'm actually back to the Q modems. I was having a ton of 1x cycles on W that I don't have on Q. Besides, all the W does is update the radio. The W lte modem is the same as Q.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
27 Posts
yes that was what i was gonna explain..the ep1w actually only flashes the cdma radio, not lte..the ep1q was the one that updated the lte radio and was the one that improved the data connection on 4g.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top