Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i must be missing something here. i want to install the miui camera on the newest cm7 build but like i have come across in the past. it just wont install. no matter what i do. i simply get the error application not installed. ideas? i've ran 'fix permissions' in clockwork i wiped /data /cache dalvik all before flashing this rom.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
ecfiffer said:
ok i must be missing something here. i want to install the miui camera on the newest cm7 build but like i have come across in the past. it just wont install. no matter what i do. i simply get the error application not installed. ideas? i've ran 'fix permissions' in clockwork i wiped /data /cache dalvik all before flashing this rom.
you have to do adb push or use Root Explorer to put it in the /system/app (then set the right permissions)

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, will es file not work since it has SU permissions? or am i just on crack :) my dx efed up so i just sbf'ed and am loading CM7 nightly 40something.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
ecfiffer said:
thanks, will es file not work since it has SU permissions? or am i just on crack :) my dx efed up so i just sbf'ed and am loading CM7 nightly 40something.
you might have luck with es, but root explorer is the best.

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
Root explorer is the easiest just copy it go over to system/app/ make sure you have mounted r/w up at the top and then paste it. Then you wanna long click on it and change permissions to user: read write. Group: read. Otheres: read.

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"BrutalSauce said:
Root explorer is the easiest just copy it go over to system/app/ make sure you have mounted r/w up at the top and then paste it. Then you wanna long click on it and change permissions to user: read write. Group: read. Otheres: read.
Tried that and no love. Any other ideas?

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
Try this i found a more detailed post on androidforums.

To do this:
  • In Root Explorer, copy the apk file you want to put in /system/app
  • Navigate to the /system/app directory
  • Tap the Mount R/W button on the top right
  • Tap Paste
  • Scroll down to the pasted apk, long press on it and select Permissions (you'll see 9 check boxes when you do this)
  • Check the Read and Write buttons for User, and only the Read boxes next to Group and Others, then tap OK (once you're done, the read/write permissions under the app name should be the same as all the other apps listed (rw-r--r--))
  • Reboot.
http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...ling-apk-system-app-directory.html#post580115

1 - 7 of 7 Posts