Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Professional Stuff Breaker
1,402 Posts
I got one Friday. It's nice, but to be perfectly honest, right now I don't care for it. There's nothing of value it does better than my EVO right now, and HTC's lockdown makes it very frustrating for me to use, since I've been spoiled by CyanogenMod 7.1. There's literally nothing putting the CPU/GPU's power to use, and there's all of five apps on the device which actually use 3D.

Maybe in a month or two when it gets rooted, and if HTC actually keeps their promise about unlocking the bootloader, then I'll buy it again. But until then, I'm sticking with my EVO>

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
IMO, wait until around Xmas this year to upgrade if you haven't already. I like to change phones every 8 months or so (hence the thunderbolt coming from a fascinate coming from a Droid 1).

Also, you have to realize that 3D won't be really ready for consumers to use on a regular basis until AT LEAST another 6 months, I think around 1-2 years honestly but some think faster.
Anyway, the evo 3D seems like a pass for me right now but if you're really needing an upgrade right now from like a hero or something really low end the evo 3D will be fine but honestly, get on Craigslist or Swappa or even eBay and find a cheap original evo and put CM7 on it, I promise that'll be better than the 3D loaded with sense.
Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idk maybe im wired but I love sense and 3.0 is just beautiful but Udall im just not happy with the EVO at all and ive been in android since the d1....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts