Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mason Kernel Guy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as my first post here I decided to tell a little root story. Me and my fiance switched to sprint about two weeks ago and got two evo 4Gs. I didn't really research the root potential before picking and we got the phones. Of course I came to find out the latest updated version was not rootable currently.

After a few days my fiances evo started acting really strangely, so yesterday I took it in to be replaced. I told the sprint person about the problems and she was like we'll replace it with a brand new one cause she should have these issues inside of 30 days. She asked about syncing contacts and all that, and I was like no we've had our contacts stored in google for years now, so it's a simple login and boom. She said great activated the phone and handed it to me.

I discovered when I got home that it was still on 2.2 to my surprise, and promptly rooted it. :money: Awesome no?

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Very nice man, I would imagine finding EVOs still with Froyo on them is getting pretty difficult. Glad to hear you got ahold of one.

·
Mason Kernel Guy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wish it had been two. The evo I use is still stock. :erm (1):

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.