Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Virtuous Developer
111 Posts

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.3 OTA
  • Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.
  • Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.
  • MDJ-SENSE-ICS kernel. 1512MHz
  • Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.
  • IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.
  • Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.
  • Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

Device specific bugs:
- Camera
- Mass storage

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Should GPS be working in this release? Mine isn't. I tried setting the GPS Server to Europe for a faster fix and downloading the A-GPS Data with GPS Status, but nothing. It just says "Connecting to GPS" in the Status Bar.

·
Android Beginner
76 Posts
Should GPS be working in this release? Mine isn't. I tried setting the GPS Server to Europe for a faster fix and downloading the A-GPS Data with GPS Status, but nothing. It just says "Connecting to GPS" in the Status Bar.
same here

·
Android Beginner
76 Posts
Looks like this ROM is dead anyway or is it just this Thread?
official ics for evo 3d has not been released yet so there's nothing dev can do about the camera/camcorder function...mdj said the official ics rom should likely be out in late April - May

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I know about that. I'm just curious about that GPS thingy, which is working in other AOSPlike ROMs like CM9. Despite that I think this is the best AOSP ROM, but working GPS would highly appreciated by me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have anyone here had problems with Skype ? it seems to have a mind of it´s own because some times Skype signs in and some times it won't
anyone have a clue what it could be ? guess its a bug with this rom, just hope it exist a workaround or something cause i use Skype a lot.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Other than the functions known to not be working (camera and USB mass storage), this ROM is working beautifully for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the excellent ROM but will be there any updates for 3d camera and other bugs with leaked RU now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts