Android OS Forum banner
241 - 260 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
There should be a confirmation message and you should press vol up to accept, and then 7-8 things should flash one by one but you have the same problem i had when i was s-on but i did forget how i make it work cos was long time ago. You should search more info on here or xda, and btw i think i make it flash with adb.

PS: Why you don`t s-off your phone?
Yeah, all done
S-OFFed and then all worked like a charm. All good till now, no issues to report. Camera, 3D, Mobile Network (calls/data) all working as expected.

Thanks a ton for to MDJ and other devs who worked for this ROM. ICS is sweet :)

-Vikas

·
Registered
6 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hi mdeejay, can't you make custom kernel for us just for this ROM just with OC/UV capability? Because i don't like deeply customized kernels full of bugs. So far i tested it for 3 days now and no issues (no random fast reboots, freezes or app force closes, no erratic battery drops/drains) except the call drops which solved the test patch.zip file/so far its like "final" rom from HTC :) . I and also more users would like to UV/OC their phones to tweak the battery life/performace to the max. I tried to flash the[/background]kernel_Virtuous_S4V_1512MHz_Sense40_V5.zip[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] through Flash Image GUI application but after 1st HTC logo it gives just black screen. [/background]

·
Registered
6 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hi mdeejay, can't you make custom kernel for us just for this ROM just with OC/UV capability? Because i don't like deeply customized kernels full of bugs. So far i tested it for 3 days now and no issues (no random fast reboots, freezes or app force closes, no erratic battery drops/drains) except the call drops which solved the test patch.zip file/so far its like "final" rom from HTC :) . I and also more users would like to UV/OC their phones to tweak the battery life/performace to the max. I tried to flash the[/background]kernel_Virtuous_S4V_1512MHz_Sense40_V5.zip[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] through Flash Image GUI application but after 1st HTC logo it gives just black screen.[/background]

·
Registered
28 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hi mdeejay, can't you make custom kernel for us just for this ROM just with OC/UV capability? Because i don't like deeply customized kernels full of bugs. So far i tested it for 3 days now and no issues (no random fast reboots, freezes or app force closes, no erratic battery drops/drains) except the call drops which solved the test patch.zip file/so far its like "final" rom from HTC :) . I and also more users would like to UV/OC their phones to tweak the battery life/performace to the max. I tried to flash the[/background]kernel_Virtuous_S4V_1512MHz_Sense40_V5.zip[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] through Flash Image GUI application but after 1st HTC logo it gives just black screen.[/background]
The only kernel available atm is Anthrax and mdj advises not to use it. :)
But if you are desperate for a kernel, you might try this one, at least this one will boot. :D (the one you posted isn't based on HTC ICS Leak, so it's clear why it doesn't work)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Using anthrax which is basically stock with beats and an 1 hour game of great little war game.

On what is basically a stock kernel that is bloody brilliant. Linux 3.0 kernel ftw.
Can't wait to see what unity v4 will be like

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which one did you use? I found just AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip which isn't specified if it's for CDMA or GSM and gives just restarts after first HTC logo.
Using anthrax which is basically stock with beats and an 1 hour game of great little war game.

On what is basically a stock kernel that is bloody brilliant. Linux 3.0 kernel ftw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone post link for the AnhraX kernel working with this ROM? I didn't find it by googling it/just many sh...CDMA kernels. Every thread from chad.goodman isn't updated at all with any useful information - good signature of a developer...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, all done
S-OFFed and then all worked like a charm. All good till now, no issues to report. Camera, 3D, Mobile Network (calls/data) all working as expected.

Thanks a ton for to MDJ and other devs who worked for this ROM. ICS is sweet :)

-Vikas
I think its best you S-OFFed it !! I'm still S-ON though !! I followed the same no of steps that i told you to flash this ROM and it works for me !! I should get the S-OFF too but i guess I'm too lazy to do that ! its my Asian EVO 3D actually, Flashmaniac's tool didnt work with mine ! but that doesn't bother me too much ....I'm better off Fashing Kernels manually via ADB !
btw I'm from Pakistan and have this Asain Evo 3D X515m with Red Lining around the cameras. Have yout got exactly the same one !? n you from India ! right ! ??
apparently its pretty straight forward to S-OFF the European version with Golden lining around cameras. Asian version is a different story for some reason though !

·
Registered
15 Posts

Can you please tell us the name of the kernel in that folder. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts

Can you please tell us the name of the kernel in that folder. Thanks!

Edit: sorry for the repost, internet not stable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's anthrax HTC leak rls1.
But as mentioned it literally doesn't change anything.

I have no clue what Chad has changed. But mdj doesn't recommend using it so I guess it's back to stock HTC for me

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's anthrax HTC leak rls1.
But as mentioned it literally doesn't change anything.

I have no clue what Chad has changed. But mdj doesn't recommend using it so I guess it's back to stock HTC for me

but i really think HTC leak rls1 is a cdma kernel, because after flashing it, my recovery dies! and my recovery died last time when i flashed chad's cdma kernel by mistake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think its best you S-OFFed it !! I'm still S-ON though !! I followed the same no of steps that i told you to flash this ROM and it works for me !! I should get the S-OFF too but i guess I'm too lazy to do that ! its my Asian EVO 3D actually, Flashmaniac's tool didnt work with mine ! but that doesn't bother me too much ....I'm better off Fashing Kernels manually via ADB !
btw I'm from Pakistan and have this Asain Evo 3D X515m with Red Lining around the cameras. Have yout got exactly the same one !? n you from India ! right ! ??
apparently its pretty straight forward to S-OFF the European version with Golden lining around cameras. Asian version is a different story for some reason though !
Yes, you are right. I am from India and I too am having the red camera ring Asian Evo. I was also damn lazy to get an S-OFF since I had to download the original firmware file, load that first (loosing all my custom rom settings) and get the custom rom back, do Ti restore, loads of stuff. But I had no other way to get this ROM working in my Evo and so I went for it. I was using FlashImage GUI for flashing kernels and CWM for flashing ROMs.

All good now, and I think doing an S-OFF was worth the effort. This ROM rocks in every bit of it. ICS is definitely very sweet to taste :)

-Vikas

·
Registered
4 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hello everyone[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]..[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I would like[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]to know[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]how to[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]install[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]this rom[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]thanks[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]my device[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]is[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]s.off[/background]

·
Registered
13 Posts
but i really think HTC leak rls1 is a cdma kernel, because after flashing it, my recovery dies! and my recovery died last time when i flashed chad's cdma kernel by mistake.
Yea same thing happens to me. But I just checked in system tuner. I don't think chad's kernel actually changed anything... Since it gives the same description. Maybe he didn't bother adding his details

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've got a question. Can I use with this rom an ext partition of my sd card to enlarge my evo 3d internal memory?? I need it because I've run out of memory..

Thanks

241 - 260 of 315 Posts