Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of picking up an extended batt today for my bolt, & I have no idea where to begin, any suggestions on which to get? Brand, Model etc & where to get it? Thanks in advance..

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
I also agree with the 2 posts above. The HTC OEM is the way to go if you want a solid extended batt. I got mine when they were on sale as well and I'm very happy with it. The added bulk does not bother me.

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick replies, Im on my way now, I plan to compare thise listed & decide. Thanks again.

·
Android Lover
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well in case anyone was wondering, the verizon htc extended batt is still in sale..$26 bucks...the lady didnt even know it was on sale untill she rang it up.

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
So I purchased mine yesterday and once I popped it in it stayed at 38 percent for close to 3 hours, I did in overnight charge and then I used the BAMF toolkit to calibrate the battery, and it stayed at 100 percent for close to 2 and a half hours, but now I am seeing a drastic and rapid percentage drop.

Anybody know why?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt running BAMF Forever 1.0.6 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
GoldenCyn said:
So I purchased mine yesterday and once I popped it in it stayed at 38 percent for close to 3 hours, I did in overnight charge and then I used the BAMF toolkit to calibrate the battery, and it stayed at 100 percent for close to 2 and a half hours, but now I am seeing a drastic and rapid percentage drop.

Anybody know why?

After a calibration I've noticed they do weird things for the first day or so then seem to level out to where they should be.

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
I hope so, i lost 6 percent in less than 30 minutes.

·
Butt Master
237 Posts
Charge it up, turn off then unplug and plug in again and it will bump charge it(once green again you are done). Once at 100% unplug/turn on, calibrate battery and use it but let it drain as low as possible then recharge. The first cycle or two might not last as long but no doubt the VZW/Battery for $25 is a steal and no brainer. VZW sells what they call a silicone extended case but its actually TPU material so no worries of being a lint magnet, I recommend the case.

·
Android Lover
202 Posts
I'm definitely interested in getting that case now that my other two TPU cases are useless.

I know how to bump charge, but this battery takes forever to charge and drain.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Thanks for the heads up guys. Drove down to the local VZW store at lunch and scored the last ext battery in stock for $25.00. Great deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts