Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I make wallpapers
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one and if so how much bigger/heavier does it make the phone? I'm thinking of getting one but don't want something huge.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I haven't seen it but as long as is not as big as the Tbolt, anything its better than that brick's additional battery pack.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
I've heard that its better to simply get a second battery for several reasons.
1. 2 non-extended batteries are equal in thickness to a single extended battery
2. If you have 2 batteries you actually get more total power (2x1600mAh > 1x2600mAh)
3. Samsung or Verizon makes a nice dock that includes a second battery with the dock so that you can charge both at the same time. (I have one)

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
keithce said:
3. Samsung or Verizon makes a nice dock that includes a second battery with the dock so that you can charge both at the same time. (I have one)
I was looking on the Verizon site, and the only thing I found was a dock for the Tab :/ ...link?

·
I make wallpapers
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
keithce said:
1. 2 non-extended batteries are equal in thickness to a single extended battery
2. If you have 2 batteries you actually get more total power (2x1600mAh > 1x2600mAh)
awesome, im thinking i will just be getting a second batter, maybe, but most likely a dock

·
Best Buy Mobile Lead
124 Posts
I just got an extended battery and door for my Charge today, it's effing huge. Not sure how I like it so far. I am currently giving it a full charge and I will be testing it out tomorrow.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I just bought the extended battery...I'd rather have a full charge with a huge battery and still have the option to carry around the smaller one on particularly heavy usage days. The dock that charges 2 batteries is a pretty cool idea, but I'm not sold on expecting to kill a full battery and switch mid-day every day.

I think the larger size/weight is fine, since I dedicate 1 full pocket to the device anyway. We're talking ounces here not pounds...

·
Average Android
73 Posts
I have the battery but no door yet.
It is twice the size of a normal battery width wise. Looking at how large it is, it seems that the phone will be roughly the same width as a Samsung Epic 4G with the battery and door, but I can't test that yet since everyone was out of the door.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
just picked up the extended battery and damn, the phone seems faster. honestly its snappier.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts