Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Developer
194 Posts
I hate the South. Our upload speeds are abysmal and I've got the fastest internet connection offered by my cable company. I'm only a few miles outside of downtown and outside of AT&T U-Verse range. (Oh and my connection is definitely throttled on websites like Youtube, they'd never admit it though.)

·
Captivate/Atrix Dev
38 Posts
Brett6781 said:
:_con:
SyNiK4L said:
good lord. @ Dorians speed test
LOL. I'm waiting for someone with FIOS to show me up... my upstream isn't that great. Gotta love fiber's (proper) synchronous upstream/downstream speeds...

·
Captivate/Atrix Dev
38 Posts
trsohmers said:
I win

That's at my house with FiOS, but at MIT I get 90-110Mbps down and 80Mbps up
That ping time is beautiful. *le sigh*

You can clearly tell what your carrier has as backbone from your ping times. Verizon FiOS has a proper FTTH connection to a fiber backbone. Mine is RG6 to the cable POP, then Gigabit Ethernet to the CO. It seems Comcast and other ISP's have fiber somewhere in the loop, as lower than 50ms is fiber.

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Dorian said:
That ping time is beautiful. *le sigh*

You can clearly tell what your carrier has as backbone from your ping times. Verizon FiOS has a proper FTTH connection to a fiber backbone. Mine is RG6 to the cable POP, then Gigabit Ethernet to the CO. It seems Comcast and other ISP's have fiber somewhere in the loop, as lower than 50ms is fiber.
Fiber to ~500 customers. (Comcast)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Captivate/Atrix Dev
38 Posts
guidot said:
Fiber to ~500 customers. (Comcast)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Lulz. Latency is low, but most Comcast customers are starved for bandwidth.... ^For the reason you stated.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts