Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
So far with the high demand and request volume of an application for the site, the site is fairly new but it is very obvious we are headed in a great direction. Here is the totals for the price of the most common used forum applications. Obviously all of these will get badged and be used for this forum specifically.

***Update*** July 9, 2011
I thought you should know we are about $250 away from getting the application. Thanks for all the donations. According to tapatalk, it will take up to ten days for the app to get made and sent to us. We will have a donate version to assist paying for dev phones and a free version. Chances are there will be nothing different. Thanks for all of the support, if we havent added you to the list let us know!

I would like to discuss the disadvantages and the benefits of each before we proceed further, we are very close to being able to attain the application, but lets discuss the pro's and cons of each.

TapaTalk Pros and cons:
  • Support has seemed scarce with trying to contact them
  • They are based in China, we have a language barrier.
  • $1000 for the initial application, no source to add any edits, analytics etc.
  • $35/hr for the additional above, so anything above $1000 is possible
  • No idea if moderation is possible or to what extent

ForumRunner Pros and cons:
  • Support has been frequent with answering questions.
  • US based, makes it easier to for us to contact support
  • No source, but has the same features
  • Any privileged user can Moderate with ease.
  • Seems you can do everything TapaTalk can.
  • Excess money can go towards give aways and another phone.

Now I am not trying to sell this here, its just $1000 for an app icon at this point if we really wanted to do it, this is going to be a RootzWiki exclusive application, which is nice by all means. So in conjunction with the previously stated, we want to make sure that when we have a fundraiser containing users money it will be used for the right thing. Integrity is our goal and as a site looking into possibly becoming a business and venue for developers to attain phones with ease, we want to make sure our users and customers are 100% satisfied.

Please take into consideration either way it is a wain for the pro Android Super User.

For those wondering, a $10 or more contribution will give you a supporting member badge.

~b16

You can click the subscribe button up top and get yourself a RootzWiki T-Shirt and/or Sticker!

Subscribers:
Admann
mmmboba
ERIFNOMI
Mgenova
60lpsdf250
dfgas
Orion11
born2run
ctcfirearms
csscmaster3
PB64Craig
andraddict
daniel
ITGuy11
janorton05
judba
graveyard76
yurdle
JSM9872
nfcrockett
JayDorsey1978
JAJ
Cory46
wildchld
razorloves
jwomalley3
Feyerman
zanix
dickenam
mcmillanje
maggio08005
elliotthj91
bmcgov
blake28
kicker22004
Shay D. Life
i2ayza
clarker86
blake28
Hazmat780
Jonathon Grigg
vargus21
Jnehama
superwrench1

The following users donated but, we have no clue what your forum usernames are, pm me and let me know:
"Urvish"
"brandon"
"kdkinc"

·
'); DROP TABLE Users;--
88 Posts
So if I donate now will the app be free? I've seen some forums that charge for their apps. I'm happy to donate, but as a broke college student I can't really afford to donate more than once.

·
Supporting Member
12 Posts
Donated $10. Would love to use a tapatalk rootzwiki app! Keep up the great work guys.
Confirmation: 0AV39363UM5051836

·
Supporting Member
61 Posts
andraddict said:
Donated $10. Would love to use a tapatalk rootzwiki app! Keep up the great work guys.
Confirmation: 0AV39363UM5051836
+1 To thi ^
I also donated $10.00 would love to see a Blue Black Transparent app...
:smile3:

·
Android Lover
127 Posts
After i get paid tomorrow, i had planned on putting money in my paypal account to become supporting member using the 35 dollar method. Guess ill throw 10 more in for the purposes of the app :D

·
Average Android
121 Posts
gi812 said:
im sorry but whats the benefit of this over tapatalks app?
+1 whats the diff? just branded for Rootzwiki?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
johnjutrasii said:
+1 whats the diff? just branded for Rootzwiki?
Yes, that is the case at the moment, it is just something people have been asking for.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts