Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
*EDIT* This fix is outdated. Use new update zip here

HUGE THANKS to RevNumbers for helping me figure this out. It's basically the same fix that the CM4D2 rom uses. And big thanks to SyNiK4L for testing this and hosting the files.

*IMPORTANT* I made this fix separate from my other fix zip because it should be in the nightlies tomorrow or the next day. So, whenever that happens, this fix will not be needed and should not be flashed.

Ok...just flash this file in clockwork recovery. No wipes or mounting needed.

DOWNLOAD

This zip replaces the libandroid_servers.so file. It also replaces the build.prop file to add the value to enable the 1% increments.

As a little bonus, i changed the values in the build.prop to allow Visual Voice Mail to work. If you dont use VVM, then there's no affect on you.

UPDATE - Nightly 25 incorporated the libandroid_servers.so file for the 1% fix. So, all that is needed on nightly 25 is the build.prop edit. I have updated my zip, linked above, to only do that.

For those that want to do the build.prop edit yourself, just add this in ro.product.use_charge_counter=1 and then reboot.

ALSO...for those that are on any nightlies before #25, then here is the old 1% fix for you that has both parts of the fix DOWNLOAD

One minor problem i just realized. The build.prop file that i used in the 1% battery fix shows that the rom build date was July 9th. So, the Rom Manager will falsely indicate that a rom update is available. You have a couple options here. You can just turn off the notifications in Rom Manager settings. I mean, the nightlies come out every night around 2:30 am central time, so i dont see the point in the notification. lol. thats just me though.

The other option is to make the build.prop edit yourself, and not use my zip, so that you keep the one with the right build date.

·
Average Android
312 Posts
Creating a Nandroid as I type this. Will report back as soon as done installing. Thank for the fix.

·
Android Addict
1,029 Posts
YOU DA MAN! AGAIN! XD :grin3:

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
King Wataba said:
I think they should have given that tablet to you. Thanks for all the fixes.

Sent from my DROIDX
dude...lol. I appreciate your gratitude, but I could only dream of accomplishing what cvpcs has done for the droid x and the rest of the community. He's a very busy guy that works on multiple phone projects and has a normal job and life on top of all that. He will hook us up with proper fixes in the nightlies soon enough.

Glad everyone is enjoying the fix. Thanks for all the kind words. Especially you Jordan8. lol

·
Android Addict
1,029 Posts
razorloves said:
dude...lol. I appreciate your gratitude, but I could only dream of accomplishing what cvpcs has done for the droid x and the rest of the community. He's a very busy guy that works on multiple phone projects and has a normal job and life on top of all that. He will hook us up with proper fixes in the nightlies soon enough.

Glad everyone is enjoying the fix. Thanks for all the kind words. Especially you Jordan8. lol
Hey your like #2 in the Droid X world lol next in line if you come out with a ROM youll be #1 :androidwink: lol

·
Android Lover
154 Posts
razorloves said:
*IMPORTANT* I made this fix separate from my other fix zip because it should be in the nightlies tomorrow or the next day. So, whenever that happens, this fix will not be needed and should not be flashed.
you mean this commit

·
Average Android
312 Posts
Probably the theme that I have on here since I have apps that are reading 1% now that weren't before. I'll undo this there to confirm my theory.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
broken said:
you mean this commit
yes and no. thats only a partial fix for the 1% increment that didnt make it into the nightlies last night, despite what the nightlies changelog says. the other part of the fix is a change to the build.prop file that i'm going to try to get put into the nightlies. possibly tomorrow night. Whatever the case may be, i will keep the first post updated for all of you and provide a proper 1% fix when needed.

·
Average Android
312 Posts
Ok, it was the applied theme that was only reporting in 5%. Thanks again for the fix bro! Rock on wit ya bad self!

·
Android Lover
125 Posts
Sweet. Thank you. Now I can get rid of another widget and one less app running.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts