Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
THAT guy...
146 Posts
Ok after looking for a few possibilities as to why Hulu Plus wasn't working on CM7, I never found a 100% solid answer, always got "Device Not Supported". It came to my attention that a couple people did manage to have it working for them, one of which did it from a restore off of a Droid X. So with the help of tostrander he sent me a backup of Hulu Plus from a Droid X that had it working, and I restored it and now all works fine for me.

This may or may not work at all, please let me know if it doesn't so I can junk this thread till another solution is found. Not sure if this will work on OMFGB or other AOSP/Some other roms as well that were having problems, but feedback would be appreciated.

Directions:
1. Delete Hulu Plus if you have it installed already.
2. Delete any backups you may have of it in Titanium Backup.
3. Get Titanium Backup if you don't already have it.
4. Download this file here: and unzip it, there will be 3 folders in it.
5. Place all 3 folders in the sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder
6. Launch Titanium Backup and restore the backup.
7. Enjoy?

And of course I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong and blah blah blah.

PLEASE NOTE: You can't use "Ad Free" or anything that modifies hosts for this, or the videos won't load.

·
THAT guy...
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"cloft239 said:
I'm only seeing 2 folders and a file.
Followed directions, and they're not showing up on TiB.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
You copied all 3 over to the titanium backup folder? Try "Reload Application" and set filters on Titanium.

·
THAT guy...
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"rhcp011235 said:
Very nice work I'll take a look at this and see if we can do it without titanium backup.
I've already looked a little more and it's calling device data from a location unknown exactly, but once that's figured out, it'll take seconds to make a simple zip to fix it. This will enable Hulu on ALL devices as well. Works on my Xoom too.

·
Banned
148 Posts
"huntken said:
I've already looked a little more and it's calling device data from a location unknown exactly, but once that's figured out, it'll take seconds to make a simple zip to fix it. This will enable Hulu on ALL devices as well. Works on my Xoom too.
If you'd like to work on this with me. Msg me your gtalk.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums

·
Aspiring Android
324 Posts
huntken said:
This would be very nice. I tried the above on my DX running CM7 and it didn't work, unfortunately. I would be very interested in the device-check-less Hulu app... I'm kinda wondering why it hasn't been done before!

Regardless, once it's done, RW should put it on the front page.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Supporting Member
32 Posts
Make sure you have USB debugging on if you get errors. If you don't see where to restore, reload application and the scroll down to where the apps are crossed out. Select the Hulu Plus app and restore.

·
Average Android
74 Posts
I followed the instructions to the letter... unfortunately it was a no go for me. My TB still not supported I suppose. Running latest release of CM7 1.5.2... thanks for the help though.

·
Sith Lord
38 Posts
Worked. I did an install of the app first and it did not work, then uninstalled it, and did an app restore +data and works like a champ. Thank you.

·
Digital Jedi
347 Posts
Hey everyone,

Alright, so you say we can't have anything that modifies hosts. I assume you mean that you can't have a hosts file at all? And I'm going to give this a try and see if I can make it work (I have a huge custom hosts file).

I'll let you know how it goes.

All the best,

-HG

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.