Android OS Forum banner

[FIX][MIUI] DXC - Bug Stomper (Latest Fix: NFL Mobile/Video apps)

33K views 135 replies 40 participants last post by  madmac 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is for the DROID X.

Currently Supported Version: 1.10.28 ONLY

This is where I will be posting information on my bug fixes for MIUI. There will always be one main bug fix package, I will not be breaking the bug fixes down into multiple packages. I will simply update the same package each time I fix another bug, or each time MIUI's developers make a change that affects my code.

Current Bugs Fixed
Screen Shot Bug (squashed on 8/28)
Airplane Mode Bug (squashed on 9/8)
Volume Toggle Apps Bug (squashed on 9/14)
GodMode Battery Bug (squashed on 9/18)
NFL Mobile/Video Apps (squashed on 10/11)

Currently Fixing
1% batt increments

Bugs to Fix in Future

Information on the latest bug fixed:

DOWNLOADS
Bug Stomper - CLICK
Flash, then wipe cache.

See less See more
#3 ·
if you downloaded the bug stomper + mod combo before this post was made, plz redownload and reflash

Reactions: dwray
#12 ·
It was miui/screen_cap in 1.7.22, the only working version, dcim is for camera shots. When did you see it in dcim? But yes I can choose location. Let me know if u want a dif location and ill make a pkg for you.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, its with regret that i'm striking the call recording bug off my list. if it's any consolation, its been reported not to work on other devices as well, and has been speculated that this is for legal reasons. When I looked into the bug (and I put a good amount of time into it), i found that the soundrecorder app works fine, while the call recording function records only silence, despite both of these being set to the same AudioSource, AudioEncoder, and OutputFormat. Additionally, the Droid X does not currently support both Voice Uplink and Voice Downlink at this time, which is why apps from the market will have the person on the other end of the line sound much lower in volume than you do (because its recording the speaker output of the phone using the mic), so even if the bug were to fix it would be shotty. I apologize to those of you who were looking forward to the feature.

If I find evidence that the feature hasn't been nerfed intentionally for legal reasons, I'll look into it again.

For more information: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2117

#18 ·
Hi. Somewhat of a newbie, but learning as I read all the posts. I have a question: could anyone explain the difference between the 2 download links? I flashed MIUI coming from CM7. I have clockwork mod but can only get to clockwork mod recovery through the rom manager. Would love to have the screenshot functionality I had with CM7. Thanks.

#19 ·
kcirradx said:
Hi. Somewhat of a newbie, but learning as I read all the posts. I have a question: could anyone explain the difference between the 2 download links? I flashed MIUI coming from CM7. I have clockwork mod but can only get to clockwork mod recovery through the rom manager. Would love to have the screenshot functionality I had with CM7. Thanks.
for your situation, you should flash only the second link. this will give you the screenshot ability, and it will also make your reboot menu's recovery option send you to clockwork recovery.

#22 ·
Updated for Airplane Bug Fix. Also, make sure you use the combo only if you're on my clockwork recovery reboot menu mod.

Reactions: antintyty
#23 ·
firstEncounter said:
If you don't mind, I'd like to know the general steps you took to isolate and the specific way you fixed the screenshot bug.

I'm an Android development n00b, but have extensive Java knowledge and I'm just trying to gather intelligence from any sources I can get.
plz PM me or find me at #rootz on freenode (IRC), I'd be happy to get you started

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
As there have been several threads to jump around on I've gotten lost.
I'm pretty sure I'm not on your "clockwork recovery reboot menu mod"
but I flashed the combo fix cuz the other thread said to install the package so I figure that meant more than 1 file...but pretty sure I was wrong there.

I haven't noticed any issues yet but it's only been 10 minutes since i flashed the combo.
Is there a way for me to undo that...or what might not work now?

I was on Revision D. then flashed the combo.

(if i flashed your recovery mod would that help?)
now i see the text in cyan color or whatever that told me what i needed to do.
totally my bad. (can barely see that color on this monitor)

#26 ·
rfranken said:
As there have been several threads to jump around on I've gotten lost.
I'm pretty sure I'm not on your "clockwork recovery reboot menu mod"
but I flashed the combo fix cuz the other thread said to install the package so I figure that meant more than 1 file...but pretty sure I was wrong there.

I haven't noticed any issues yet but it's only been 10 minutes since i flashed the combo.
Is there a way for me to undo that...or what might not work now?

I was on Revision D. then flashed the combo.

(if i flashed your mod would that help? if so where can i download it)
now i see the text in cyan color or whatever that told me what i needed to do.
totally my bad. (can barely see that color on this monitor)
The combo will give you CWM mod, even if you didn't have it. Check your reboot menu, you should have a 5th option! Hope you like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.