Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Brandroid seems to have a found a fix for some. This is what he posted.

Originally Posted by Brandroid
I've got NFL working on CM7 1.5.2

I made a nandroid backup

wiped and flashed rooted OTA rom

downloaded nfl app from market

Opened NFL app and signed in and set everything up

made titanium backup of nfl app and sso engine

reboot to recovery

wiped and restored my cm7 backup

restored sso engine (app only) from TiBu

restored NFL (app + data) from TiBu

opened NFL app

Read about how bad my Colts are going to suck again this year :)

·
appul pls
411 Posts
What error are you getting when you try to run it?

·
Average Android
83 Posts
Having the same problem with CM71.4 and OMFGB nightly. Here is the error I get "NFL content can only be viewed by active Verizon customers UID: ASO7QUJPLHAFO***"

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Total longshot but I noticed in the build.prop

CM7
ro.product.model=ThunderBolt
ro.product.brand=htc_wwe
ro.product.name=htc_mecha
ro.product.device=mecha
ro.product.board=mecha

DASBAMF
ro.product.model=ADR6400L
ro.product.brand=verizon_wwe
ro.product.device=mecha
ro.product.board=mecha

·
Average Android
81 Posts
mcarr said:
Total longshot but I noticed in the build.prop

CM7
ro.product.model=ThunderBolt
ro.product.brand=htc_wwe
ro.product.device=mecha
ro.product.board=mecha

DASBAMF
ro.product.model=ADR6400L
ro.product.brand=verizon_wwe
ro.product.device=mecha
ro.product.board=mecha
Didn't work. :\

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
You changed build.prop?

I think the trick is to get MyVerizon to work. I have it decompiled and I have been trying to find something, not sure what I am looking for yet.

·
Average Android
81 Posts
mcarr said:
You changed build.prop?

I think the trick is to get MyVerizon to work. I have it decompiled and I have been trying to find something, not sure what I am looking for yet.
Yes. I edited the build.prop with no luck.

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
Can someone tell me how that app works? Do you need a vcast account to use it or will it automatically enroll you into one?

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Revs9k01 said:
Can someone tell me how that app works? Do you need a vcast account to use it or will it automatically enroll you into one?
You don't need a vcast account. I don't have one. It just runs on the stock rom, and most 2.1 roms. Not having it now that the "labor dispute" is over is a total party foul!

·
Butt Master
237 Posts

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
FSRBIKER said:
We shouldnt have to use anything else, Verizon needs to explain to everyone why they are blocking access.

Please visit this thread and Make Our Voices Be Heard!

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/NFL-app-will-not-work/td-p/610960
I responded although not with the response you wanted. I think you should cool your anger a bit until/unless we have proof that they are blocking it.

I believe it's likely that our AOSP-based ROMs simply don't have something in place that's required. And while CM7 is CM7, well, there are a LOT of hacks in place for the TBolt, so perhaps one of those hacks have broken DRM or something like that. Given that nobody but our community can investigate this possibility, well, I think it's our duty to investigate it.

·
Butt Master
237 Posts
Your post over there was fine, but it's fishy if Verizon pushes an update to the app then it suddenly stops working on asop running Tbolts. Of course there are assholes on the Vzw forum just like most forums that can't simply post a link to the supposed solution. Plus the solution they are talking about unless the Vsso apk was updated isn't working since Verizon pushed the update.

I'm also not angry as much as disappointed once again with the Android community forums, people want to argue instead of help. Slayher is aware now of the issue, not sure he would have the time to dig into it though. I'm not technical enough with Android to get deep into it, I might try pulling apart the last OTA as it has a working My Verizon apk that might be part of the problem.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, I will donate to the developer that figures this out.

Jaxidian said:
I responded although not with the response you wanted. I think you should cool your anger a bit until/unless we have proof that they are blocking it.

I believe it's likely that our AOSP-based ROMs simply don't have something in place that's required. And while CM7 is CM7, well, there are a LOT of hacks in place for the TBolt, so perhaps one of those hacks have broken DRM or something like that. Given that nobody but our community can investigate this possibility, well, I think it's our duty to investigate it.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts