Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 292 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
It is working on BAMF as well, I really like streaming NFL channel. I have nandroid backups of both CM7 and BAMF (working with NFL Mobile and MyVerizon). I am trying to figure out if there are any noticeable differences (services, apk, apps, etc).

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
This is my 1st post on Rootzwiki, and I'd like to say thank you to all the developers hard work on getting us some pretty awesome stuff. Everything is appreciated. I wanted to post on this because I too, would like to know the exact problem with running NFL Mobile on an AOSP rom. Right now I'm running LGS 1.5 because of the lack of the functioning NFL Mobile app. I can tell you for a fact, I've tried all the available AOSP rom's and all have issues with running the NFL Mobile app. When a sense-based rom is installed, the problem goes away. Is there anything we can do to test out why this is happening?

·
Average Android
121 Posts
Really sucks that the NFL app or MyVerizon wont work. Ive tried the vsso.apk 1.0.16 and it still doesnt work. I just hope someone can figure it out. It worked on CM7 on my Inc....

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
I checked out the logs, on the working app I see these type of calls:

08-02 17:29:54.121: VERBOSE/HTC-DSA-SystemProperties(4553): SystemProperties - Caller: [com.mobitv.client.nfl2010]

On CM7 I never see this, does anyone know if this might be a module or service that CM7 is missing?

·
The GMan
113 Posts
luniz7 said:
Really sucks that the NFL app or MyVerizon wont work. Ive tried the vsso.apk 1.0.16 and it still doesnt work. I just hope someone can figure it out. It worked on CM7 on my Inc....
This.

·
Average Android
83 Posts
This is great news, thanks and let's hope Liquid figures it out.
FSRBIKER said:
Just an FYI the dev Liquid is looking into this, hope to give some good news soon.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Im on bamf and I get an error asking for the Verizon login client to get it work...

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Folks, if you're on Bamf, your posts aren't of relevance to this thread - you should create a new thread for "NFL Mobile on Sense ROMs". This thread is specifically for non-Sense-based ROMs (CM7, LTB, OMGB, OMFGB, and MIUI only). If you have questions about NFL Mobile on a Sense-based ROM, I recommend you create a new thread because nobody in here can help you - we don't run Bamf or any other Sense-based ROMs.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
I only mentioned it because someone said it was working on BAMF, but that hasn't been the case for me...

·
THAT guy...
146 Posts
Have you guys attempted something like what I did with the hulu app to get it to work? While it is kind of a pain to do, it might work? If I find time today I'll look at trying it.

·
Banned
148 Posts
For w/e reason the NFL app doesn't think we are on Verizon. I checked build prop and seems kosher. The apk might need modification. Going to look more into it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
I forget what the name was but would that security app that was released a while ago that identifies and modifies apks that perform sensitive things, like imei, network, etc., but could this app quickly help us by hard-coding verizon in as our carrier? Sounds easier than hand-editing the apk.

Privacy Blocker is what I was thinking of and I wasn't able to get any different result by using it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
121 Posts
"Jaxidian said:
I forget what the name was but would that security app that was released a while ago that identifies and modifies apks that perform sensitive things, like imei, network, etc., but could this app quickly help us by hard-coding verizon in as our carrier? Sounds easier than hand-editing the apk.

Privacy Blocker is what I was thinking of and I wasn't able to get any different result by using it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
Are you talking about the "verizon single sign on engine?" Cause it doesn't work with that either.

·
Average Android
121 Posts
"Jaxidian said:
Well, I was doing it on the NFL app but you're right, should prolly do it on the SSO engine as well/instead. Thanks for trying that too, and thanks for correcting my errant thinking.
Well the sso engine installs and everything but it doesn't solve the problem with the nfl app or the my verizon app

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
I've also tried multiple AOSP builds over the last 1 1/2 months and had the exact same issue. If you don't install the Verizon SSO engine you get this error, "ERROR - This application requires the Verizon Login Client. Please download the login client and start the application again. Error code -305" Once you install the Verizon SSO engine, you get the other error that others are referring too. So we can rule out the Verizon SSO engine, because you need that to start the NFL app, but then NFL mobile still checks home somewhere which is flagging the requirement to be a Verizon customer. I've also checked around on the net prior and other people are having similar issues with no resolution. Everyone's "fix" was to use a Sense-based ROM. @Jaxidian, I will look into the privacy blocker application, haven't played around with that at all. I've also noticed that My Verizon doesn't work either. Could this also be a similar issue?

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Balber said:
I've also tried multiple AOSP builds over the last 1 1/2 months and had the exact same issue. If you don't install the Verizon SSO engine you get this error, "ERROR - This application requires the Verizon Login Client. Please download the login client and start the application again. Error code -305" Once you install the Verizon SSO engine, you get the other error that others are referring too. So we can rule out the Verizon SSO engine, because you need that to start the NFL app, but then NFL mobile still checks home somewhere which is flagging the requirement to be a Verizon customer. I've also checked around on the net prior and other people are having similar issues with no resolution. Everyone's "fix" was to use a Sense-based ROM. @Jaxidian, I will look into the privacy blocker application, haven't played around with that at all. I've also noticed that My Verizon doesn't work either. Could this also be a similar issue?
The Verizon SSO engine could still certainly be the thing to focus on here. Here's how SSO setups usually work:

1. Some app asks itself, "Do I know who the user is?"
  2. The answer, initially, is always "No".
  3. So now the app says, "Hey, I have this buddy over here that knows who the user is. Let me pass the user to him and then the user will give me a note from my buddy, with his signature, telling me who the user is. And since it has my buddy's autograph on it, I'll trust that note."
  4. The user talks to my buddy and brings me the note.
  5. Now that I have the note, I can identify the user and allow the user to access my stuff.

So in this case, the NFL app is the "Some App" and the VZW SSO Engine is its "buddy". So the SSO engine actually does all of the hard work in determining who the person is and what all they're allowed to access. This is probably used to determine one of a few things:

• Is this a VZW customer or a customer of some MVNO's? Just because they're on the VZW network doesn't mean they're a VZW customer.
  • Do they have a VCast subscription?
  • Are they an evil hacker? If so, we should throttle their speeds and block their footballs.

So if the SSO app has major issues, that will certainly block the NFL app from allowing you to use it. However, even if the SSO app works perfectly, the NFL app may choose to perform additional tests, such as pinging a restricted server or who knows what.

So ultimately, these error messages tell us really nothing about what the problem is. If we can find in a log somewhere that the SSO engine is logging errors, then that very well may be the problem. However, even if the SSO can't properly authenticate you for some reason (such as some encryption library in Sense doesn't exist in AOSP yet this doesn't log an error), this may not materialize in a way that we can tell the problem is within the SSO app.

So I guess the moral of this is to look into logs and see if you can identify who/what is actually having errors. That might or might not help us.

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
Just a fyi, I loaded BAMF, got NFL mobile and MyVerizon to work. I then copied the working apps: NFL Mobile, MyVerizon, VerizonSSOEngine to CM7 (nandroid backup) and I still had the same problem.

21 - 40 of 292 Posts