Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got around to updating cyanogen. What is everyone using for flash. Market version only has audio. I've tried some older apks I found online but everything is jumpy. It plays videos at like x2 speed. So does anyone have a link to the best version of flash to use? Or is there a tweak to the market version to get video working? Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks, Ray

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
dragonsanus said:
When I download to my phone I don't get an apk. I get "attachment.PHP". How do I use it? Thanks.
How exactly are you downloading to your phone? Chrome-to-Phone? Long-press? Neither of these will work. Go to that XDA page on your phone, login to XDA, and then single-click the file to download it. The PHP file probably has a 301/302 redirect which causes issues with "save as" functionalities. Additionally, you may need to change your browser's user agent.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Don't remember where I saw this, but credit is due 2 someone. Your mileage may vary.

I installed newest flash from market, but think this works on other versions 2.

Go to
data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/

Remove all permissions from the config.data file. I used root explorer. Video & sound should work in browser. Remember if you fix permissions it will undo this.

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
Jaxidian said:
How exactly are you downloading to your phone? Chrome-to-Phone? Long-press? Neither of these will work. Go to that XDA page on your phone, login to XDA, and then single-click the file to download it. The PHP file probably has a 301/302 redirect which causes issues with "save as" functionalities. Additionally, you may need to change your browser's user agent.
Thanks! I was being lazy by using my phone instead of my laptop. I'll download now with my laptop.

·
Recovering Flasher
648 Posts
"cornjigglies said:
Don't remember where I saw this, but credit is due 2 someone. Your mileage may vary.

I installed newest flash from market, but think this works on other versions 2.

Go to
data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/

Remove all permissions from the config.data file. I used root explorer. Video & sound should work in browser. Remember if you fix permissions it will undo this.
This will work I do it on all the builds just make sure u start a video before u do this in root explorer and if u delete the data u will have to do it again

Sent from Oni section3 Epsilon Eridani system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts